Dacor Darwin Air Integrated

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TostitoBandito

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anybody have any thoughts or opinions on the Dacor Darwin Air/Nitrox Air Integrated console? I have been looking for a nice air-integrated computer and this one caught my eye because of the new RGBM deco algorithm. Any other suggestions would be welcome as well. Thanks.

Kinda' big... Kinda' bulky... and not very user friendly. Hate to say that... We sell them... Let me take that back... We have them - don't really sell too many. Sounded and looked neat in the catalog - but in real life - I'm not very impressed with them - and in all honesty, the RBGM Algo for recreational divers is a bit conservative... And that is the second largest understatement since Noah said "Looks a bit cloudy... might rain.."

If you want an air integrated system, I think you'll be much happier with one of the smaller compact units like the Aeris Elite, or the Oceanic, or Sherwood - they are about 1/3 the size - and actually have more functionality.

Thanks for the advice. I am looking at the Aeris Atmos Elite and the Oceanic VT Pro and they look very similar except that the Aeris costs about $75.00 more. If you know much about these two models and could point out some differences and/or pros and cons for each one, that would be much appreciated. Thanks again.

The Elite is a very cool computer... Big display, water activation, audible, and flashing led alarms - everything is settable from PO2 alarms, to ascent rate, max depth, turn around air time, low on air, even how long it back lights when you hit the button.

There is really no difference between the aeris and oceanic - both made in the same factory by the same company in Oakland California... the only differences are cosmetic. And you will find the Aeris won't cost you more... Just give me a shout and let me know your a scubaboard member and I'll get you hooked up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom