D/S Undies: DUI vs Weezle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

doole

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Looking for opinions on Weezle 'Extreme' - doesn't exist locally and I'm finding that my DUI 400g thinsulate isn't quite up to the task when the water starts getting crunchy.

I got reasonably comfy putting expedition weight undies under it but they sort of snag against the fleesy lining of the 400g, making donning a bit of a pain. Anyway, I'd rather have an adequate one-piece solution, if at all possible.

Can anyone shed any light on whether the Weezle is any warmer than the DUI? Both manufacturers, predictably, say theirs is warmer.

Thanks in advance.

doole:
Looking for opinions on Weezle 'Extreme' - doesn't exist locally and I'm finding that my DUI 400g thinsulate isn't quite up to the task when the water starts getting crunchy.

I got reasonably comfy putting expedition weight undies under it but they sort of snag against the fleesy lining of the 400g, making donning a bit of a pain. Anyway, I'd rather have an adequate one-piece solution, if at all possible.

Can anyone shed any light on whether the Weezle is any warmer than the DUI? Both manufacturers, predictably, say theirs is warmer.

Thanks in advance.

Just my opinion: I don't know the DUI but used to dress in a polypro first layer, then 100 polarfleece followed by 300g thinsulate - so at least equal to your 400g. Replaced it with the Weezle Extreme only and have been a happy chappy ever since. Normal thin socks and standard gloves. A bit warm when the temp goes over 10/12 C. Ordered it from the UK directly, their on-line shops are excellent (Simply Scuba etc). Had to adjust my weight a bit...

Greeting from the east, and thanks for the info.

How much effect did it have on your weight?

What kind of D/S do you dive?

Ever hear of the infamous 'macho divers' that used to go on a 'dive' (i.e. beer-drinking) trip on the Exta-Sea out of Port Hardy every year? I believe they were from your neck of the woods.

doole:
Greeting from the east, and thanks for the info.

How much effect did it have on your weight?

What kind of D/S do you dive?

Ever hear of the infamous 'macho divers' that used to go on a 'dive' (i.e. beer-drinking) trip on the Exta-Sea out of Port Hardy every year? I believe they were from your neck of the woods.

I use a Oceanic Aerdura Ti. I use a backplate & steel cylinder. If remember correctly I had to add 3kg. I normally carried 3kg strapped to the cylinder & 7kg on my belt. Had to ajust again after I moved here - from salt water on west coast of Africa.

Nope, still "new" here and still has to pick up on all the folk lore!

I'm wearing the DUI 400w and love it. I do get a little chilly on long dives, and am planning to order a hood from otterwetsuits. Custom 12mm. I think right now a lot of my heat is being lost through my head.

I wear a layer of poly under mine because washing it isn't something you want to do often, so keep a wicking layer on. This traps the sweat and oils from your skin and will do wonders in keeping your undergarment in good condition and not stinking. I wasn't willing to wear a high loft undergarment which is why I chose the DUI.

Back
Top Bottom