Cypress Springs Canoe/Dive 1-22-05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just trying to get a total on people going, I'll call Vortex Wednesday evening and reserve enough canoes for all of us. Please post if you are going, if you are renting a canoe, and if you have a vehicle to deliver it yourself(we need to let Vortex know if they need to deliver/pick them up for us). Meet at Vortex for 8AM. Doing a 2 tanker - should get ~2hours of dive time with only 30-40 minutes total canoe time. We should be out by 2-3PM.

I'm going, gonna split a canoe with who-ever(SeaYoda? :D ) - I'll be bringing a truck to carry a canoe and SeaYoda said he can bring a truck to carry someone elses canoe.

eanxgirl and darcy seemed interested, who else?

The snorkle crew is out for this trip so if it just the four of us we can choose sides and go play in the water with the two canoes. I hope jviehe gets to come this trip.

I just looked at the ten day forecast and the only cloud in sight is the 22nd! Calling for "some showers."
My daughter and I are thinking of heading that way for a little diving - I'll let you know by Wednesday evening.
Rick

Rick Murchison:
I just looked at the ten day forecast and the only cloud in sight is the 22nd! Calling for "some showers."...
I saw that too - but I was trying to ignore it :D.

We went in the rain last trip - still a good dive.

I hope you can make it.

I'm in and Eanxgirl is coming too rain or shine (isn't that what dry bags are for?). I will need to rent a canoe, and I'm just gonna strap it to the old cougar. Don't think it will do too much damage?? See you Saturday 8am at Vortex. Eanxgirl wanted to do another dive Sunday if you guys are interested. I unfortunately, must work. I'm a slave to the man, or actually Gulf Coast Medical Center.

I'm looking forward to Cypress again on Saturday (hopefully minus the speeding ticket). It will be a whole different experience not having to paddle for 18 hours or so to get there! Yes, I am planning to dive on Sunday. I am trying to set up a boat dive out of Panama City Sunday morning. If the seas aren't right and the boat doesn't go, I'll probably return to Vortex/Morrisons before heading home. Let me know if anyone wants to join me and we can coordinate something.

My neighbor is a diver and expressed some interest in going to Cypress with his girlfriend in tow, so we might have 2 more to share the fun with. Bonus is that they BOTH have trucks and are willing to offer them up for guide services.

Happy Dance :jump:

I wanna go to! Rats, I can't. I will probably resort to jumping in the backwaters of the Ohio river cause some moron will drive their vehicle into the water and want someone esle to "fish" it out. But I know you all will be thinking of us stuck in the ice and snow, right??????????????

All joking aside, how often do you make the canoe trip? I am coming to PCB in late Feb or early March (pre-spring break) would love to do the river trip. Is there a place to launch a Zodiac? Or is it customary to go by canoe?

Anyway, enjoy your trip..........

I just signed up on a six-pack out of PC for Sunday morning. There is plenty of room. It is $55 for a two-tank dive probably leaving from the St. Andrews boat dock. It sounds like a nice boat (new operation) and very accommodating crew--can spearfish or not, etc. PM me if you are interested.

I'm game for Saturday, but Saturday night I'll be partying with some buddies that just got back from Iraq - so Sunday isn't really feasable this time around.

I'll hold off calling Vortex another day to see if Darcy's neighbors and Rick and his daughter decide to go - I just wanna be sure they know we need "X" amount of canoes and don't go renting em out to another group(fat chance).

Desa - You could easily launch a Zodiac at the boat ramps we let our canoes off at. There are a few areas in route that I would be wary about taking a SIB Zodiac down due to fallen trees that are just under the surface. A RIB probably wouldn't be so bad - just gotta watch the prop. I have a little SIB that I'd like to use, but haven't yet due to these areas... may try one of these days though. This will be our 3rd dive at Cypress this year, we'll be going here alot since its free(other than canoe rental) and its usually deserted since its not accessible by land. Whenever you are ready to dive it, shoot a line in the forums and I'm sure you'll get replies(I'd be interested in going again).

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom