Cypress Springs Canoe/Dive 1-22-05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn:
Desa - You could easily launch a Zodiac at the boat ramps we let our canoes off at. There are a few areas in route that I would be wary about taking a SIB Zodiac down due to fallen trees that are just under the surface. A RIB probably wouldn't be so bad - just gotta watch the prop. I have a little SIB that I'd like to use, but haven't yet due to these areas... may try one of these days though. This will be our 3rd dive at Cypress this year, we'll be going here alot since its free(other than canoe rental) and its usually deserted since its not accessible by land. Whenever you are ready to dive it, shoot a line in the forums and I'm sure you'll get replies(I'd be interested in going again).

Sounds great. I will have 3 other divers with me, but my Zodiac can handle eight divers. I will let you know when the time gets closer. Enjoy your diving this weekend.

8 divers eh? Must be alot bigger than my little 10'er, may be more of a problem - not sure - keep it slow and shouldn't be a big deal.

SuPrBuGmAn:
8 divers eh? Must be alot bigger than my little 10'er, may be more of a problem - not sure - keep it slow and shouldn't be a big deal.

Yea, its a 18.5'. Rated for 12 passengers max. Handles 8 divers fine.

Nice - I really wish I could have afforded one that size :)

How much of a draft does it have? Some of the spring run is as shallow as 3', some of the limbs that cross the creek underwater are alot closer to the surface than that. The width wouldn't be a problem, but the keel may want to snag on everything.

Its really not much of a canoe ride anyway :wink: Canoe it your first time and then decide what to do on your next trip afterwards.

eanxgirl:
I just signed up on a six-pack out of PC for Sunday morning. There is plenty of room. It is $55 for a two-tank dive probably leaving from the St. Andrews boat dock. It sounds like a nice boat (new operation) and very accommodating crew--can spearfish or not, etc. PM me if you are interested.

I'm not going to be making it down to PCB till Saturday Night, but am going to go out on this boat with eanxgirl on Sun. Anybody else coming on out? :)

Matt

Not this time around, you guys have fun though - looking forward to a report.

You can bet we'll have pics/reports for Cypress on Saturday - should get two dives in with decent bottom times. :D

Looks like the river is back in its banks and falling. Still rain in the forcast - 30% chance of showers. It may be another soggy canoe ride. WHO CARES, I JUST CAN'T WAIT!!!

Forecase over here is calling for rain starting around 10-12 in the morn and lasting until mid-afternoon. We might not get showers around the springs until we are on our way back to the boat launch or even after we drop the canoes off :)

Hopefully, the rain won't put Morrisons river levels up too high - it looks like it could drop down to 4-5' by mid-last week as it is... If it stays that way, a dive on it next Saturday may be in order before trying to dive the jeddies Sunday :D

I can't go on the boat Sunday. I must work, this makes me very sad. BUT the Cypress trip should kick booty so that makes up for not being able to dive both days.

SeaYoda are you bringing the jeep so we can throw a canoe on it? It looks like my truck connection just drove away...actually he wants to go but has no one to split the cost and effort with. Any one need a buddy for the weekend at Cypress?

What is the name of the "New Operation" here in PC? I just want to ask around and see if anyone knows anything about them...Thanks! See you folks tomorrow bright and early, rain or shine.

Hey Folks!
SuperBugMan just sent me this way. Im new in Tallahassee and NEED to get some dives in Ive only dove once here so everything is new to me (I dove Vortex the other time). I dont have a truck but I would love to split the canoe w/ someone else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom