Cypress Springs 3-5-05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Gonna try to head back out to Cypress Springs on the 5th of March if anyone is interested. Trip requires a boat of some sorts to get to the dive site, we can rent canoes at Vortex for $50($25 if two buddies split costs). The springs are about 1 mile upstream from the boat launch on SR277 in Vernon.

We've had fun on our previous trips, so who's for more?

I could be persuaded. I need someone to split the costs with though.

SBM, you dont think Morrison will be good by then?

darcy:
I could be persuaded. I need someone to split the costs with though.

Shouldn't be an issue :) I'm trying to get another good sized group together - if we end up with an odd person, one boat will just have to sit 3 deep :)

If Bill, Chris, and I can fit into one of those damned canoes with gear - we could probably fit 6 of you with gear on one :D

WaterDawg:
SBM, you dont think Morrison will be good by then?

All depends on the weather. If we get alotta rain, its less likely. Morrison does seem to be draining quicker than it had been in January/December.

I'm hoping to get out there on the weekend of the 26th.

Our whole staff will be at Vortex March 5 and 6 with a slew of open water and advanced students. We have the entire Grandview complex reserved and will be milling around sort of like a Chinese fire drill.

All are welcome to stop by and say hey. We will also have the usual 20 pounds of charcoal lit about sundown so all are welcome to burn a burger or weenie or whatever and sit around and swap tales and enjoy whatever entertainment you brought with you since that which you bring is that which you have in Ponce de Leon.

Thanks for the invite Tom, I'm sure we'll stop by and atleast say "hello" :D

I checked my work schedule and guess who's on for that weekend .... me. I'll have to catch everybody on some of the other dives.

D'Oh!

Probably diving Morrison Sat & Sunday next weekend, if you can pull it off, you should swing by.

Water levels will be down to 5.5' or lower if they continue as they are now :D

Looks like I'm OK for Morrison Saturday and the PCB jetties on the 12th. Larry and Tyler are taking class this week and should be doing check out dives this weekend. I wonder if they'll be at Vortex since the Gulf is still so cold. Don't want Newbie-sicles, they might not buy gear :D.

Matt and Yoda - if you can, please stop by and say hey. We would love to dive Morrison with you but will be maxed out at Vortex.

Would be happy to buy you a beer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom