Cylinder Volumes in North America

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WarmWaterDiver:
I have tried to get this same concept you've illustrated clearly in your tables (nice job!) across to dive operators who have aluminum 100's available, but fill them to 3000 PSIG alongside the aluminum 80's on their whip lines. Now you only have an aluminum 90 since it's rated at 3300 PSIG for 100 ft3.

A few have gone ahead and pumped it up to 3300 for me after taking the 80's off. Many others have not.

Well, you have either indicated an error on my part, or an omission. I have an Aluminum 100 on the list but I have its rated fill pressure at 3000 PSI, I also have its actual volume (at 3000 PSI) as 98.8 cubic feet.

Mark Vlahos

OK, maybe I can be of help after all.

I'm not sure which manufacturer's aluminum 100 you have listed.

here's Luxfer's stats for their S100

http://www.luxfercylinders.com/products/scuba/specifications/us_imperial.shtml

and here's Catalina's stats for their C100 - their link won't take you directly, you'll have to click on "Products" and "scuba cylinders"

http://www.catalinacylinders.com/

I leave the slight difference of 98.8 < 100 (if it's a Luxfer) and the fact that 3000 > (3300) * 90% out of the discussion with the dive shop fill folks though - they're already confused enough most times when I point out they're giving me a "short fill" - I just tell them they've converted it to an aluminum 90 by only filling to 3000 PSIG, and I would like a full fill. It's stamped on the tank as 3300.

At present the links in the first post do not work, this is probably because of the recent system upgrade. I tried to upload new copies, however that feature seems to be disabled. I am certain this will eventually be resolved.

If you want the files I will be happy to send them to you. Please either leave a message in this thread or send me a PM. Include your e-mail address and which file type you would like.

Mark Vlahos

Tamas:
Mark, I wouldn't mind a copy please

Tamas, I would be happy to send it to you, but I need your email address since uploading of files seems to be disabled right now. Either post a message in this thread or send me a PM. Please also indicate which file you would like, or if you would like both the Excel spreadsheet and the Acrobat file.

Also, I am driving cross country right now and if I can send it tonight it will be quick. If I need to wait until later I may not have internet access for a while. If you ask too late just be patient I will send it eventually.

Mark Vlahos

Mark Vlahos:
Tamas, I would be happy to send it to you, but I need your email address since uploading of files seems to be disabled right now. Either post a message in this thread or send me a PM. Please also indicate which file you would like, or if you would like both the Excel spreadsheet and the Acrobat file.

Also, I am driving cross country right now and if I can send it tonight it will be quick. If I need to wait until later I may not have internet access for a while. If you ask too late just be patient I will send it eventually.

Mark Vlahos

Hi Mark,

Would you please email me a PDF file of your chart to:

terryhua@telus.net

Thanks a lot!

Terry

Mark Vlahos:

Mark Vlahos

Please send both to tamas@zedr2.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom