Cutter's Advanced/DEET/Cactus Juice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChinaDoll, Go to Walmart's and buy Watkins bug replellent. Its a creme, not greasy, and after 3 trips to Roatan with many idfferent people, we all agreed the Watkins worked best. The only time I got any bites is when I forgot to put it on.
We have also used Cactus juice, Muskoil, Deep Woods Off, and Regular Off. Watkins still comes out on top.

Watkins is just DEET. Nothing special.

ChinaDoll, Go to Walmart's and buy Watkins bug replellent. Its a creme, not greasy, and after 3 trips to Roatan with many different people, we all agreed the Watkins worked best. The only time I got any bites is when I forgot to put it on.
We have also used Cactus juice, Muskoil, Deep Woods Off, and Regular Off. Watkins still comes out on top.

Thanks for the tip Watkins at Walmart... I'm hoping Toronto Walmart carries it (can be hit & miss)

* Is it found Sunscreen OR Camping goods section?
* If I can't find Watkins, what's your #2 reco from your list above.

I have always found it in the "skin lotions" section, and they sometimes have it in the small travel sizes in the samples section (where you buy travel sized shampoo, etc.) I have also seen it in the larger formatts in the camping section.
Have fun, its a beautiful island and the people are very nice and very honest (with the exception of some taxi drivers)
Also they sell Benedryl in dab-on sticks (think afterbite) which works well. You may wish to bring some liquid Benedryl if you have a really bad reaction to the bites. Most times I come home with a few on my lower legs, only because after a week or so I get a bit lazy and forget to put the Watkins on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom