Customer Service from ScubaToys.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

farfromwater

Contributor
Reaction score
After searching for a new computer for some time, I spoke with Larry at ScubaToys this afternoon. Not only did he give me a great price (quite a bit lower than advertised online) and modify the computer into the configuration I wanted, he spent a considerable amout of time answering other questions following the sale. No pressure, no hurry. Plus, ordered it at 2:30 today, will still ship today. Impressive.

Just when I was beginning to think customer service could not be coupled with a good deal, here comes Larry and ScubaToys!

No, not a paid advertisement, just a happy diver.

Thanks Larry!

He seems to be a pretty good guy from what I read here on the board.
I think he's in the scuba biz for the long haul.... always a good thing.

When I'm in the market for something new I'll check with his store.

Rumor has it that I could be in the market for some split fins next spring...
However, I need some 'experience' with the things first.

Randy

farfromwater:
After searching for a new computer for some time, I spoke with Larry at ScubaToys this afternoon. Not only did he give me a great price (quite a bit lower than advertised online) and modify the computer into the configuration I wanted, he spent a considerable amout of time answering other questions following the sale. No pressure, no hurry. Plus, ordered it at 2:30 today, will still ship today. Impressive.

Just when I was beginning to think customer service could not be coupled with a good deal, here comes Larry and ScubaToys!

Thanks Larry!

farfromwater:

Thanks Larry!

I'll second all of that. I've made two purchases from scubatoys.com so far and they have been absolutely awesome. The comparison between the service of scubatoys and another online retailer I've used is remarkable. If you're not going to buy it at your LDS, there is no reason not to buy it from Larry.

I'd pay a few bucks more for something if I can get good service or advice. I don't shop ONLY for price, but rather overall VALUE.

From what I hear, Larry does more than expected for his customers.
One of these days I'll buy something from him. Like maybe download software for my old 500AI. Or.. split fins.. (gawd, did I say that?)

D_O_H:
I'll second all of that. I've made two purchases from scubatoys.com so far and they have been absolutely awesome. The comparison between the service of scubatoys and another online retailer I've used is remarkable. If you're not going to buy it at your LDS, there is no reason not to buy it from Larry.

My GF bought me a Cressi Matrix mask for Christmas through Scubatoys. Being a nondiver she had no idea of what I was talking about. She said that the guy that she talked to was very helpful and didn't make her feel like an idiot.

I have ordered twice through Larry and will do so when possible. What can you say about a guy that takes 10% off anything on their web site, and then gives you free shipping on top of that? I bought a dive computer for $149.

crpntr133:
She said that the guy that she talked to was very helpful and didn't make her feel like an idiot.
What can you say about a guy that takes 10% off anything on their web site, and then gives you free shipping on top of that? QUOTE]

I agree. Thinking about the service after my first post, I'd guess I'd sum up the experience as: He treated me like I was a long-time valued customer who has spend a LOT of money in his shop before, not as a first time customer buying a simple computer. Smart guy, Larry knows how to make us into that long time customer!

Nice.

I've made at least 4 puchases through scubatoys (including a 2 computer and 2 regulator package last week). I've always been quite pleased. I only wish Larry could get the ice storm to disappear (here in Kansas City) so I could make it to the pool to try out my new equipment before I go to Cozumel next week.

Thanks Larry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom