Custom Wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have worked with Atlan and LiquidFit. For a cold water suit I give the edge to Atlan. Atlan will work in heavier materials than listed if that's what you want.

With Atllan you will work with a daler and be measured by someone accustomed to measuring for the right result. With LiqudFit you do it in the privacy of your own home, Carolyn will walk you through the process. Many messages of praise for LiquidFit can be found by searching this forum.

If off the rack doesn't fit right you are doing the right thing in seeking a custom. In wetsuits fit is everyhting.

http://atlaninc.com/default.html
http://www.liquidfit.com/

Pete

These people are wetsuit gods. The owners and staff are made from the core of personnell from two major wetsuit manufacturers.

JMJ Wetsuits

Don't take my word for it...here's another opinion !

All the best, James

I have purchased three custom wetsuits form Liquid Fit. The first suit that I bought did have to go back for some alterations, but that was not a big deal. I love the colors that are available. The workmanship is quite good. The customer service is outstanding. The prices seem quite reasonable. I would certainly give them a call.

Hi,

My girlfriend and I both have custom wetsuits from Aquaflite. Turn around time to delivery was 7 days. We had 7mm semi dry farmer johns with hoods made. Workmanship is good. Wetsuit material is very warm. They offer several discounts. I am retired military and they gave me a nice discount. They are worth a look.

We will be purchasing 3mm suits from them.

Dennis

I am not convinced on custom wetsuits, at least the supposedly superior Rubatex G-231N ones. I spent $1200 on two 5mm (shorty and full jumpsuit) custom wetsuits from Wetwear and discovered that my stock 7mm Xcel with a hooded vest was MUCH warmer on my Galapagos trip (59 to 75 degrees). The problem may have been with the stiffer Rubatex G-231 neoprene, and the fact that I got large zippers so that I can don and doff quickly. Apparently a mistake, as the zippers just bleed to much of the insulation properties.

A stock wetsuit from Xcel or Henderson will probably keep you warmer than any custom until it is compressed (say 50-100 dives), as it just sticks to your body better and does not allow water to pump in and out like a stiffer G. Maybe a 7mm custom would work, but don't get the long zippers if you get the Rubatex.

I will keep the Wetwear 5mm custom jumpsuit for my diving in Hawaii because it doesn't compress and it will likely last years, but it just is not warm enough for much colder than 74 degrees or so, even with a closed circuit rebreather. I will get a new Xcel for my next Galapagos or Northwestern Hawaiian Islands (Midway Atoll, etc) trip, but I am getting a crushed neoprene drysuit for anything colder than 65 degrees or so.

Back
Top Bottom