Custom Wetsuit Manufacturer Recommendations or Warnings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VCoz

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking to have a custom wetsuit for tropical diving made. Probably a 2 or 3 mm fullsuit. I've looked at wetwear.com; wetsuitwarehouse.com; liquidfit.com and seadreamswetsuits.com. I would appreciate any comments you might have regarding your experiences with any of these manufacturers. Thanks for any suggestions/advice.

I use a wet wear and love it. Fits like a glove. Id recommend wetwear over others.

I recommend WetWear also. But use the search function to find comments on all those manufacturers.

don't know about custom, but I'm a huge fan of Henderson and own 2, one 5mil aqua lock and an 8 mil thremoprene. Henderson has a tailor fit program to fine tune fit a suit base on an existing model and size. and might be an option to look at.

I have to wondering about a custom 2/3mil as that should be a fairly easy fit of the rack based on the stretch of the lighter suit.

hope this helps.

T.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My wife and I got custom 7mm suits from Aquaflite and had to send almost everything plus hood back to them because they weren't cut properly. Her full suit still has wrinkles around the thigh area from not being cut properly, but she's ok with it otherwise I would've sent it back a second and probably a third time. Her hood still doesn't fit well (creates an air pocket on the crown). I guess the price point was right but if I had a do-over I'd go with another custom suit shop.

Another vote for Wetwear. My wife had a custom 3 mm suit measured by them at the Long Beach Dive show. When it arrived the resulting fit was slightly off. I shot some pictures of her in it and messaged them back to the shop. They immediately identified the issues including one that my wife hadn't caught. We shipped it back and they promptly fixed everything. My wife ended up with a superbly fitting suit. Only problem is, now I'm jealous.

i checked wetwear.com, not a lot of photos with design and cuts

can you guys post some photo of your custom made wetsuit ?

Back
Top Bottom