Custom Wetsuit Manufacturer Recommendations or Warnings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One that I've used is M&B wetsuits in Long Beach, CA.
Don the owner is pretty old school. His mom and aunt started the shop back in the very early 60's and have been making old school Sea Hunt style wetsuits ever since. Don runs it now, both of the ladies are gone. He makes any type of suit needed for divers or surfers. He specializes in heavy duty commercial urchin diver suits that are beaver tail style with attached hood.
The only problem with Don is he's a surfer and has a habit of taking off when the surf comes up, blowing off work for another day.
He also charges your card right away before even starting the job. I understand he needs to buy material and all but it's a little unnerving given his spotty reputation.
I've had great luck but others I know have had rotten luck and will not go back.

Would I go back, I don't know, maybe. I'm afraid my luck may run out though one of these times.
But he does make really nice suits.

I may try Wetwear next.

What I've been doing lately is buying end of season close out wetsuits for cheap at my LDS. I buy them a size too big then cut them down myself and custom fit them to my body. It works pretty good but there's a learning curve involved.

i checked wetwear.com, not a lot of photos with design and cuts

can you guys post some photo of your custom made wetsuit ?

Another vote for Wetwear! I like to be in charge of the look of my suit so I didn't go with any of their designs, but I think the cuts are relatively standard. Mine is a solid black, front zip with hot pink trim.

Previously, I had a custom suit via Oceaner, but they like to place their logo on suits. Wetwear stamped the inside where a tag would be and being a fan of 'no labels', I appreciated this immensely.

i checked wetwear.com, not a lot of photos with design and cuts

can you guys post some photo of your custom made wetsuit ?

Downloadswetwear.jpg

Here. It is a 3 mm superstretch in all black. Here is the complete write up:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/exposure-suits/452395-custom-wetsuit.html#post6716840

what a fantastic fit. congrats.

i thought bare makes one of the best wetsuits!! surprised you had trouble !!

i called most of dive centers here ( middel east ) asking about a custom made suit or if they know where to or point me in the right direction but, it was nooo all the way. would like to buy 2 and maybe 3. i understand they have the best customer service but shipping suits back and forth!! got to fit from first try.

i like how there is no mark, logo or any writting in the suit.

by the way, the picture is not clear enough but regarding the arms for example and the suit in general, are they made of one peace or several peaces attached ?

i tried one of aqua lung suits and it was made of long cuts, tried to bend my arm and it was wrinkles all over my arms, i learned from that experince that having more cuts/peaces is better than fewer and long parts attached!!

…i called most of dive centers here ( middel east ) asking about a custom made suit or if they know where to or point me in the right direction but, it was nooo all the way…

Try Spiros at Oceanos Wetsuits in Greece. I have ordered a couple of custom suits from him and been pleased. Contact him by E-mail and ask about variations from the suits on the Web page. His pricing is very competitive and he is very accommodating. He makes a lot more than is shown on the site.

what a fantastic fit. congrats.

i thought bare makes one of the best wetsuits!! surprised you had trouble !!

i called most of dive centers here ( middel east ) asking about a custom made suit or if they know where to or point me in the right direction but, it was nooo all the way. would like to buy 2 and maybe 3. i understand they have the best customer service but shipping suits back and forth!! got to fit from first try.

i like how there is no mark, logo or any writting in the suit.

by the way, the picture is not clear enough but regarding the arms for example and the suit in general, are they made of one peace or several peaces attached ?

i tried one of aqua lung suits and it was made of long cuts, tried to bend my arm and it was wrinkles all over my arms, i learned from that experince that having more cuts/peaces is better than fewer and long parts attached!!

Bare makes one of the best custom suits but you need to be one of those few individuals who can fit into a stock size. I have always found it to be a problem. The suit is made of different pieces stitched together and I was one of those who never needed to send it back for alterations. It fit me like this out of the box. I could have had an inch adjusted here and there but such minor deviations happen when you lose or gain a few pounds so it is really not worth the hassle in my opinion.

I am looking to have a custom wetsuit for tropical diving made. Probably a 2 or 3 mm fullsuit. I've looked at wetwear.com; wetsuitwarehouse.com; liquidfit.com and seadreamswetsuits.com. I would appreciate any comments you might have regarding your experiences with any of these manufacturers. Thanks for any suggestions/advice.

Hey Bud - please check us out at

Carapace Custom Wetsuits | Carapace Custom Wetsuits

top quality custom fitted suits - let me know if you have any questions or you can contact through our website

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom