Custom wet suits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randy g

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My better half/dive buddy needs a new 5 mil. I ordered her the Aqualock and it just does even come close to fitting. I love my aqualock, its supple and warm with the built in liner. Feels like a 3 mil.

She needs a custom suit made. Fortunately:wink:......and unfortunately she is naturally well endowed with small hips and on the shorter side. Most every suit she trys on does not fit well. We are sending the aqualock back and just going to order her a custom suit made.

Q is who makes a good custom 5mil wet suit?

My wife is similar. She has a 7mm Aqualock but it's got a lot of pooch in the stomach area. She has a new Bare Elastik at the shop with her name on it, just waiting for the shop's tax free day. It's supposed to fit better than the standard wetsuits with too much room in the hips and stomach.

My Aqualock is a similar fit, but I need the XLS for the shoulder width and quad size. My older 3mm pinnacle feels tailor made.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I second WetWear. I needed a suit pronto and they delivered. I ordered my suit on Thursday and received it on Saturday. Connie was extremely helpful in the whole process and I can't say enough great things about the service and the product. As a matter of fact, I'll be ordering another one from them when I return on vacation. With the way these custom suits fit I can't see buying another stock size again.

Unfortunately I can not help, except to confirm that a custom wetsuit is your best diving investment. Unless you have a joe average body.

We use a small shop in Toronto (Attico) that will make a totally custom wetsuit. Since they are local, each of our purchase's includes a custom measure session and then 1 or more (as needed) post production fitting's to get the suit properly fitted everywhere. The owner is a tailor who also creates dance outfits for students of his wife's dance studio. Both tough things to sew?

Over the years I have evolved to a "thick" (7mm) shorty that features arms above the elbow and legs above the knee so that the suit is extremely easy to don & doff. I also have an extra spine protection padding layer.

So if you are thinking custom: do not stop with measurements. Think about other little items that will make your dive world better. Once you go custom, you can ask (& pay) for anything.

Back
Top Bottom