Custom Pinnacle EVO2 turnaround time?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BORG

Contributor
Reaction score
Tucker, Georgia, just northeast of Atlanta
# of dives
100 - 199
I was curious, I turned in my order to my LDS for a custom Pinnacle EVO2 drysuit around the 2nd week in April. I or my LDS have not heard anything as of yet about the ETA for this suit from Pinnacle.
Does this sound right for this kind of time period required for a custom drysuit to be produced from Pinnacle or anyone else?

Thanks.

I talked to Pinnacle yesterday and Joe at the HQ in Calif. said that they would know more next week. He said they send their custom drysuits to China for production. It will probably be later in June before I see it. I know those poor folks in China have other things to think about right now than my drysuit.

I wonder where in China Pinnacle has it's factories? Most of China has still been work as usual despite the earthquake. (I do production engineering, so I'm in and out of Asia every month)

I'm interested in average timelines to get custom drysuits as well, though, I'm debating whether or not to go custom as well when I take the drysuit plunge, no pun intended. (I'm tall and skinny.. will have to see what there is for stock sizes at the LDS when I get back home in a couple weeks).

I'll find out when I talk to Pinnacle next week. I had this terrible thought that my custom EVO2 is lying buried under tons of earth in some remote location of China, along with the unfortunate souls in the factory, of course.

I also ordered a Pinnacle Evo 2 suit over 2 months ago. An off the rack size with a size 9 boot that I was told was easy to do and would take a week. Wrongo! The distributer here in Calgary, Canada didn't seem at all concerned about filling this order as there was no follow up and wouldn't return phone calls. Summer is now over and winter is on the way so the dive season here in the mountain lakes is almost done. I just cancelled my order and will be looking at a completely different make and model of drysuit. Brutal service. I have nothing good to say about this company.

I ordered a Dive Rite 905 from my LDS, he faxed in the order and I had it in three days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom