Custom dive logs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

firemanjoe

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I want to get my dive buddy a custom dive log with a design I have drawn up. Where is a reputable place to get one with this design and a good quality (perhaps leather) book?

Thanks in advance

Joe

Thanks for the link, D_B.
Do you know of any place in the States that offers the same?

I've since switched to computer logging, but I made these up a long time ago to replace my original PADI pages. Each worksheet prints two to a page (8.5" x 11") cut in half. You should be able to easily modify them to your liking and add any digital designs. Then you can get them printed or do it yourself. Hope this helps.

-Tom

Attachments

• Divelog.xls
    119.5 KB · Views: 160
Hickory Logs make a great and long lasting storage choice for the records of a Man's Dive Adventures.
A sharp Knife is all that is required to record everything important.

Hickory Logs make a great and long lasting storage choice for the records of a Man's Dive Adventures.
A sharp Knife is all that is required to record everything important.

Timeliner, I thought you used granite and a chisel? :D

Timeliner, I thought you used granite and a chisel? :D

:rofl3:

Actually I stopped logging dives about a year ago. Keeping a Log is a good thing to do and it has a bunch of merit to it. (especially for Cave/Tech/Wreck/Research and other stuff like that) We forget things so quickly too so it is good to be able to look back and see what happened back when.

But..... I just started to feel narcissistic and overly self absorbed with recollection and data entry. To record every dive in anal retentive detail, no matter what, started to seem like a silly exercise. I record the new things I find out and new places I dive and communicate with my buddies and that has become my dive log.
To me, keeping up with all the statistics of past dives or keeping up with what dive # I'm on does not mean as much as it used to...

My Dive Kit and Gear is pretty much set seasonally. I mean, what more am I going to add? Other then ... Wow.. it was cold ! or Wow it was dark ! or Wow I really had a good time !! About 1/2 my dives are done Solo wearing split fins so making a written record of that is sure to land me in some kind of a DIR prison.

If it's a great dive I post it hear @ ScubaBoard.

I look at each new dive as if it will be the last one I ever get to do because someday it will be.

Never the less IMHO ... People should keep good dive Logs :wink:

:
I look at each new dive as if it will be the last one I ever get to do because someday it will be.

Never the less IMHO ... People should keep good dive Logs :wink:

I actually keep multiple dive logs. I keep a quick record that I write into my bound dive log, where I mostly keep just the data for the dive... time, depth, weight, etc... Easy to carry with me and show logged dives if ever asked. :rofl3:

I also use sharkpoint software to keep a more detailed record of the dives. This has the great added benifit of doing all kinds of nice calculations for me.

Finally if it is a really cool dive or if something happens that is noteworthy I keep a journal.

Probably overkill, but it works for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom