Question Current Yucatecan food?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To follow up, I barely made it out of the resort, they had very good food and I was doing a lot of diving. So I didn't get a chance to scratch the surface even.

I did really enjoy the sopa de lima and house salsa at Casa Denis, but the cochinita pibil left a lot to be desired. Good meat flavor but the the red onions weren't pickled and the texture wasn't as soft as it should be. It was also super weird to be in "downtown" Cozumel after the cruise ships left; felt like a ghost town.

the red onions weren't pickled

That’s simply inexcusable! Those are super-simple and quick to make properly and (as you clearly know) are integral to many Yucatecan dishes.
It was also super weird to be in "downtown" Cozumel after the cruise ships left; felt like a ghost town.

That’s the way* I like it.

*anyone of a certain age should feel free to insert “uh-huh, uh-huh” here.

It was also super weird to be in "downtown" Cozumel after the cruise ships left; felt like a ghost town.
If super weird means I loved it, then I agree!

Back
Top Bottom