Current Whereabouts of Donkey and Shrek

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sintax604

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi gang,

In a last minute turn of events, I'm skipping out of work tomorrow and heading to Tuwanek. Does anybody know the current location of Donkey and Shrek as well as the wolf eel dens that everyone have been talking about?

I don't get many opportunities to get over there so I'd love to see it all tomorrow!
Many thanks for any advice!

Swim out to the island on the right and decend at the south end. Head north on the outside of the island staying around 60'. Depending on how fast you swim you should fine a line after between 15 and 25 minutes. Follow this line to a piece of orange surveyors tape and directly below is the deeper of the two dens. Follow the line on your return and its tied off to a large rock at 45'. Continue in that general direction for about 5 minutes to find Donkey and Shrek on top of the shallower den.

It's a bit technical but I hope this helps:

untitled-1.jpg

too funny!
anyhow good luck with your dive and post up on what you find. maybe you could take some real u/w pics. not the etch-a-sketch type. LOL

Swim out to the island on the right and decend at the south end. Head north on the outside of the island staying around 60'. Depending on how fast you swim you should fine a line after between 15 and 25 minutes. Follow this line to a piece of orange surveyors tape and directly below is the deeper of the two dens. Follow the line on your return and its tied off to a large rock at 45'. Continue in that general direction for about 5 minutes to find Donkey and Shrek on top of the shallower den.

Thanks a TON for the info! I'll see how good I am at following directions and let you know how I make out!

Dale: Thanks for the diagram, don't quit your day job.

GREAT dives at Tuwanek today!

I we managed to find the eel at 60' but we were unsuccessful in finding the second eel, or the CGI duo. As a great consolation prize we happened across a big (~1M) longnose skate hanging out below the line.

Vis was pretty crappy above 50' - TONS of krill and the usual snot, but was great below that. I will never get tired of the quantity, size and variety of jellies at Tuwanek. I even counted 12 lion's mane today.

Many thanks again for the directions and for putting down that line!

I've not been to Tuwanek yet. sounds like a great site. how abundant are the fish and small stuff like nudis, asst crabs etc?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom