Current Water Temperature/ Exposure Protection in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

abcdefgh

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Can anyone who is diving this week in Cozumel report the current conditions. I will be in Cozumel in 2 weeks. I was wondering if a 3mm shorty will be enough. I do not tend to get overly cold and dove a lot last year in Roatan with 3mm Shorty in 80 degree water. I know that this is a pretty subjective question but I am hoping to see a few answers to give me an image of the current conditions. Thanks!!

My computer showed 83 November 8. All I wore was a rash guard but I only dove 4 days in a row. Other folks on the boat had 3's, 5's and a 7.

yesterday's water temp according to my OC1 was 80 degrees.

My computer was reading 82 last week (but it tends to be a couple degrees higher than everyone else's) and I wore a 3 mil full suit w/ a 3 mil hooded vest...but I'm not thermally normal, so my neoprene needs probably won't help you much :D Others on the boat wore shorties, 1 mil suits, and bathing suits and a rashguard and were perfectly fine.

coldest i have ever seen it here is 78 f. We use 3 mil shorties for rental and that is ok for most divers.

dave dillehay
Aldora Divers

I just got back from the Columbia shallows, my Gekko said it was 84*. I am using a 3mm shorty with sleeves and I am fine.

Can anyone who is diving this week in Cozumel report the current conditions. I will be in Cozumel in 2 weeks. I was wondering if a 3mm shorty will be enough. I do not tend to get overly cold and dove a lot last year in Roatan with 3mm Shorty in 80 degree water. I know that this is a pretty subjective question but I am hoping to see a few answers to give me an image of the current conditions. Thanks!!

I've never had a problem with the water temps in CZM but I sure have with the wind on the boat ride back from the dive site. Last year this month an El Norte moved in so the port was closed for a couple days. I did some shore diving (water temp was fine). When I got out, with the wind and overcast sky of the El Norte.. in the 10-15 minutes it took me to put my equipment away my teeth were chattering (literally) !!

I like to wear a 3/2 shortie most of the time, but recently have switched to a 1mm fullsuit for protection and that is good for me.
I don't get cold and only do 2 boat dives in the morning and an afternoon shore dive with bathing suit only.

Today I put on my rash guard with a 1.5mil longsleeve over it and a pair of shorts. Perfect. I thought I would put on my new 3mil Pinnacle for the second dive. During this dive I probably sweated. Way too hot for me. I was in the water 1 hour 10mins the second dive.
However am I glad I have a boat coat for the ride back, freaking freezing in the wake wind. Yet my buddy sat there asking me why I was cold. Stupid canuck. Just goes to show ya not all Canadians can take the cold, at least above water.

Back
Top Bottom