Current report on Hood Canal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wadivediva

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone been up to Hood Canal lately? Conditions? Last time we were at Octopus Hole, there were no octopus. Anyone been there lately? Sund Rock?

I was out in Hood Canal on the 26th. Viz varied between atrocious and merely bad. We were boat diving, so weren't doing Octopus Hole or Sund Rock. We saw no octopus, but we did see a few fun nudibranchs and a vermilion rockfish.

Havent been there for a while, anxious also to hear more reports. Been thinking about hitting both of those places in the next couple weeks. Been a while since we have seen an Octo at Octo hole.....

We were at sund rock on the 11th. There was an algae bloom and the vis was about 8- 10 ft. All in all a good dive though. Water was over 50. Hundreds of perch. Wolf eels. The octos escaped my view, but I know they are there.:D:D
Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom