Current Denver Area Water Temperatures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree Makes for a really long day. hows the diving near pueblo? Is there any?

I agree Makes for a really long day. hows the diving near pueblo? Is there any?
Beats me. If there are good options there, I don't know about them.

Pueblo Res and Lake San Isabel. Cold and dark, without anything to see, really. And although there are no power boats allowed on Lake San Isabel, the boats on the res will use your dive flag as a slalom marker...

Aurora is always warmer than Chatfield and has better visibility.
That's like saying Shaquille O'Neal is shorter than Kareem Abdul Jabbar. :)

A number of years ago, we had a ScubaBoard dive outing at Aurora, and it was fairly early in the season when the visibility was best. A group of 5 of us set out from shore together in a pentagon formation--one diver in front doing the navigating, and two pairs following. I was in the first pair. We suddenly lost sight of the lead diver-he just vanished. The four of us stopped when we couldn't see him and stayed together in a group as we looked for him. He later said that he had stopped the instant he realized we were not in sight. We were close enough that he could hear us breathing, but he could not tell how to get to us. We all had to surface.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy diving all the local stuff under the right circumstances. We used to have people advertise such dive plans on this forum--not so much any more. I would join someone if they were just looking for an afternoon dive.

I would be up for Aurora or wherever as soon as I get my drysuit back from dive right in scuba. I am going to Cozumel the first week of June but after that......

OK, I went diving with a friend today at Chatfield. The water temperature was 55°--not bad. If I were to do it again, I would ramp up the undergarment selection a bit--I was chilled all afternoon after getting out. I had not been to Chatfield for a couple of years. The water was higher than I remember, and the shore area markedly smaller. The maximum depth was a whopping 23 feet, more than I have ever seen there.

Back
Top Bottom