Current Denver Area Water Temperatures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boulderjohn

Technical Instructor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am giving some thought to taking a dip locally. Does anyone know what kind of temperatures I would encounter in a site like Chatfield?

John,

If you are up for a visit our waters are 84 year round.

Michael

Surface temps earlier this week were 47-50 degrees F. That was before the snowstorm. I suspect bottom temps are still lingering near 40 F.

I'd be up for a dip but my drysuit is in need of repairs.

Thanks or the replies. As it turns out, the person with whom I was planning to go for a dip will not be able to go for a couple more weeks, by which time it should be downright toasty. :wink:

If by "downright toasty", you mean you won't need a chainsaw to cut through the ice... :)

If by "downright toasty", you mean you won't need a chainsaw to cut through the ice... :)
Something like that, yeah.

Sounds cold I'm toying with the idea of blue hole on the 1st atleast there I know it will be 60.

The only thing wrong with the Blue Hole or Rock lake is that they are 6-7 hours away from me, which makes it difficult to get in a day of diving and still be back for dinner.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom