Current conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IndyDan

Registered
Reaction score
I know Ft. Lauderdale and the Keys had a brutal spring with high wind and rough seas. Has that abated yet? We're going to be ther next week, and if my wife misses out on the Spiegal again, she won't be happy. And when momma aint happy....

Dan

Last two weeks or so have been 80/80/80 diving...
80 degree air
80 degree water
80 foot vis
Last night was a bit choppy off the beach.
Its rainy season now, so if you don't like the weather, either wait 10 minutes, or move a few miles in any direction:D

Scuba_Jenny:
80 foot vis
You sure about that? I heard last night it was more like 8 foot vis, oh, right, I forgot....."she's the neoperene cowgirl"""

Last night was a bit choppy off the beach.
Mike, you were right. Despite those occassional 4 footer rouge swells.... "Jenny will say 'it was the greatest dive'" :eyebrow:

IndyDan:
I know Ft. Lauderdale and the Keys had a brutal spring with high wind and rough seas. Has that abated yet? We're going to be ther next week, and if my wife misses out on the Spiegal again, she won't be happy. And when momma aint happy....

Dan

Check this link to the bouy on Molasses Reef . Winds currently 8 knots from the SE.

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.phtml?$station=mlrf1

Scubaguy62:
You sure about that? I heard last night it was more like 8 foot vis, oh, right, I forgot....."she's the neoperene cowgirl"""

Mike, you were right. Despite those occassional 4 footer rouge swells.... "Jenny will say 'it was the greatest dive'" :eyebrow:

She'll just put those spurs on her fins and ride 'em. Yeeeehaaaa!

Scuba_Jenny:
Last two weeks or so have been 80/80/80 diving...
80 degree air
80 degree water
80 foot vis

I'm a newbie and will be diving Lauderdale next week. I don't even know if I will need a wetsuit there. Whaddayathink?

This morning, 35 min north of Lauderdale... water temp, 82. Vis 80-100' seas 2-3.
This afternoon... Water temp 82, Vis 55', seas 2-4' but diminishing. There was lots of "flock" in the water, which is big globs of stuff, suspended. What the flock man!

CBulla:
Wetsuits are for January through March.. the rest of the time.... swimsuits! :)

I'm starting to agree with you, Colin!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom