Curious about your home filling setups

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjack321:
I'd offer a "guided" dive, but have another out-of-town guest to dive with both days already. Sorry.

Thanks for your concerns... But, I am not suppsed to dive in Seattle this time except golf....:D

I think you need to also consider the convenience factor. What's it worth to you not to have to drive to a dive shop for a fill. In my case, cruising on a sailboat, there are places I just wouldn't have been able to dive without the ability to fill my own tanks. I paid 3k for my unit but it's worth twice that to me.

JRC58:
I think you need to also consider the convenience factor. What's it worth to you not to have to drive to a dive shop for a fill. In my case, cruising on a sailboat, there are places I just wouldn't have been able to dive without the ability to fill my own tanks. I paid 3k for my unit but it's worth twice that to me.

I have often stated that the too most important pieces of diving gear I own are a boat and a compressor. I would have given it up years ago if I would have had to put up with the hassels of LDS's and charter operators.

Most your observations are what I am being told when people order compressors from me. The last three scuba compressors that I shipped went to people that were just interested in the convenience factor and cost was not an issue at all. One of the guys said that the dive shop was actually happy that he got the compressor since the shop used air as a loss leader.

It isn't only a convenient factor anymore.

Think about a travel cost (time and gasoline)
Think about a nitrox & trimix fill cost....
Think about a quality of air.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom