Diver with Parkinson’s need’s compressor info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rapid Rat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello,

I have no dive shop that can Fill a tank inside of a week, even though I live in a town whose lake is well sought for the clarity. Not to mentio the area spring fed rivers. (Not so spring fed anymore!) So, with as often as I dive, almost every day, I was wondering if a cheap compressor such as this one 30MPA High Pressure Air Compressor Diving Pump 4500PSI Scuba Electric Air Pump | eBay would be healthy for me to breathe the tank that is filled with said compressor. I remember reading that proper dive compressors have special driers and filters and perhaps should not be cheapened with something relatively inexpensive like this. But I must dive. Why I dive is for my health first as I have Parkinson’s and for the last ten years I have not been in better health as long as my cardio and I stick to intense workouts and the right diet. I also make money picking up jewelry and as a diver for hire. the Miles I swim and free dive every week have been my apple every day….. ask me about it if you like. I am about to turn 52 and am in good health. also am searching for used aluminum but especially steel pony </= 50cf as I’m on a budget and will often dive parts of the rivers freely. Thanks!

First off; kudos for all you do to stay healthy and active!

As for that compressor, I don't think it's going to work for you. If you click the "report" link on your post, you can ask one of the mods to move your post to the compressor forum, which will get you more comprehensive answers than I can give.

Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom