Curio cabinet on the way

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just curious, where did you get yours? Online? If so, link por favor.

I am looking for one as well in a mahogany finish. I have over 15,000 teeth, 500+ of them being Megs. Of course I also have your other usual fossils such as horse teeth, Mastadon, drum fish teeth and plates, verts, tympanics, etc...

Here are some pictures of some of my display cabinets, I like to tell people when purchasing cabinets to make sure that all the shelves are glass. This way when you use a light the light will shine through to the bottom shelves. Makes a better impression.

Attachments

• DSC02329.JPG
    DSC02329.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 127
  • DSC02330.JPG
    DSC02330.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC02331.JPG
    DSC02331.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 90
Here are some pictures of some of my display cabinets, I like to tell people when purchasing cabinets to make sure that all the shelves are glass. This way when you use a light the light will shine through to the bottom shelves. Makes a better impression.

Nice collection. Thanks for the pics. It makes sense on the glass shelves. Now I have a better idea of what to look for. Until someone suggested curio cabinets to me a few weeks ago, I was just looking for a display case like you might find in a jewelry store. I need to get something soon. I have a huge collection and most of it is just stored in boxes in my garage, with the most valuable ones being locked up in a 12 drawer Craftsman rolling toolbox (I know - redneck). Right now the only ones I have displayed are in a shadow box on my living room wall. The teeth are sewn in by fishing line. Pretty neat box but at $150 or so to build it, I need another option! :cool2:

Last edited:
The cabinets are cheaper and nicer I think. I started out with ten of them and then just kept adding them as I go along. Looking at about 10 more just have to think where I'm going to put them. I have another spare room to fill so maybe I'll start in there.

I don't think I need a curio yet as I've given away all my teeth but two or three. :tongue:

Cant wait to see it!!!! I need new idea's!!!!

Well I looked at a few at local furniture stores today, and I couldn't find the wood finish that I wanted (or at least not for a price that I wanted to pay). Then, I got the bright idea to check Craigslist, and found 3 of them semi-local. Already contacted the buyers and am looking at all three tomorrow. If I like all 3, I am coming home with 3 of them... either way, I will have at least one by the end of the day tomorrow!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom