Curacao trip report 9/29-10/05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mintaka

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We had a wonderful trip last week in Curacao. We stayed at Habitat and did 16 dives total during the 6 days that we dove. Habitat was wonderful, the diveops at Easy Divers (Hugo,Clark,Kurt and Angela) were awesome people and took great care of us, not to mention the great boat dives they took us on: El Rancho, Mikes Place, Lagoon, Sponge Forrest, Rediho and Harry's Hole. We dove the House Reef for the other 10 dives. I found the House Reef to be beautiful, easy to dive and we never tired of it. The food at the resort was excellent. My only complaint about the whole trip was the extraordinary number of mosquitoes that were out and hungry every morning and evening.

This site has some of the pics that I took that week.

Site Title

Nice pics. Leaving in 18 days, 19 hours. But who's counting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great photos! Thanks for posting them. I miss Curacao...

I've also really enjoyed diving the house reef at Habitat. It's nice to get to a couple other sites, but I can be very happy doing a handful of boat dives and spending the rest of my time on the house reef.

I'd read that Coral Estates has purchased Habitat. It's probably too early to see any changes, but did you hear anything about it? Refurb/Upgrade plans for the property? I love the location and we were happy with the service and the on-site restaurant. The oceanview room blocks could use some attention. New bathrooms, furnishings and screens on the windows would really take it up a notch.

Hope the time flies fast billmosel ! Thanks Scubawife. As a matter of fact, I believe that the new ownership took over mid-week during our vacation ! Two days after we were there, the menu changed and the food went from very good to excellent/gourmet. Also, construction started on the new beach. A bull dozer was there digging out coral rubble close to shore. This was met with the utmost chagrin from the dive ops who feel that a beach is both unnecessary and poses a serious threat to the reef. I only hope that the new management will seek the advice of environmental experts before they make changes that could negatively impact the environment. That said, a beach would be nice :). I also agree that the rooms could use some sprucing up... at first glance they seemed a bit "spartan", but we got used to it after a while.

Hello Mintaka! Melissa and Adam here...it was awesome to meet you guys...will be posting our trip report tomorrow....as well as a trip report for bonaire!
-M

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom