Curacao questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They didn't follow me when I drove away with my tanks...

:d
True but I'm guessing you neglected to mention they were all for you...:wink:
Solo Diving is not allowed under any circumstance.

True but I'm guessing you neglected to mention they were all for you...:wink:

Don't ask. Don't tell. That's difference between "having a policy" and "enforcing a policy" isn't it?

Just got back 3 weeks ago...I would skip Klien, not worth the 2 hour boat ride . The dive op jams you in a raft, drops you off then they drag a banana boat around over the top of you..unsafe. Just my .02 cents.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bigdog86 sounds like he is describing a trip on the Mermaid which we almost did but flight delays prevented that.

My Buddy went to Klein Curacao on the Ocean Encounters dive boat and dove East End then some big wall at Klein itself. said it was the best diving of the trip. So if you go, spend the extra money to go on a dive boat as opposed to the party boat.

I've still never gotten around to Klein in all my trips to Curacao, but I was talking with someone who used to live there and runs a dive shop elsewhere now. He said it's well worth diving there, but best from someones private boat (great for him of course...) Failing that, he said stick to a dedicated dive trip and avoid mixed snorkeling/party boat things.

Bigdog86 sounds like he is describing a trip on the Mermaid which we almost did but flight delays prevented that.

I was on their web site checking that trip out, wondering if it would be any good for diving for me and a nice trip for the rest of the family. Sounds as if I should separate the two!!

The Mermaid trip gets mixed reviews on Tripadvisor but a lot of non-divers seem to love it, also consider they are $110 for two dives, bring your own tanks. Going on a dedicated dive boat will run you around $160.

Another thing to consider, the Mermaid departs at 6:45 AM. Dive boats around 8:30 AM.

We did the Mermaid trip, and while the diving off the inflatable rubber dinghy was a bit rough, overall it was still worth it.

Thanks to all that responded for taking the time. There's a lot of great information here but I wish I knew if making the trip to Klein Curacao was worth it?

Steve
did you actually read all the replies? more specifically #3?

---------- Post added November 18th, 2013 at 09:18 PM ----------

The Mermaid trip gets mixed reviews on Tripadvisor but a lot of non-divers seem to love it, also consider they are $110 for two dives, bring your own tanks. Going on a dedicated dive boat will run you around $160.

Another thing to consider, the Mermaid departs at 6:45 AM. Dive boats around 8:30 AM.

the trip is $110 diving included
we stayed at Atlantis Apartments and dove with them for 10 days and also booked the Klein Curacao trip through them, which was $110 including all tanks and dive guide
its a wholeb day trip a long, 1.5 hours ride to the island, so leaving at 6:45 makes sense, once you get on the island you have breakfast and time to digest, the divers head over to the boat at around 10.30, while the non divers get a chance to just sit in the sun, enjoy the beautiful clear water or venture around and exploe the island
then at 12.30 you will have the best ever b-bcue, done on charcoal, ribs and chicken and burgers, enough to please any appetite
after a short siesta the divers head over to the boat and the non divers get more free time to do whatever they wish
when we went there were 12 divers out of 100 people on the trip, so I think non divers enjoy it
the diving was better then any site on the mainland
not sure what the trip advisor mixed reviewes can be, but I can only assume that is from snobiesh people that did not research enough before booking, or just plain "can never do right" kind of people

my advice is if you can do it and you'll not regret it

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom