Curacao March Break

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zeldah

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey people of the scuba world!

Going to Curacao and staying at Breezes (kids). Doing some shore diving through The Dive Bus (can't wait). Is there any reason I should be looking at a boat dive, as in one place I shouldn't miss? Doing AOW during our first few days but not highly experienced, sounds like Watamula is good - is that for experienced this time of year with currents etc and which dive op would you use for this dive?

Anyone else around that area during 10th - 17th?

Many thanks for all suggestions!

Zeldah

Hi Zeldah,

Westpunt is a long drive from Breezes. We stayed at Lodge Kura Hulanda and dived with Ocean Encounters West, now Go West Diving. Watamula is a very good dive, we did it twice. Elvins Plane Wreck, also to the North, was good. The house reef, Playa Kalki (Alice in Wonderland) is an outstanding shore dive. We dived it several times, day & night. We preferred it to the right but both directions were good.

From where you're staying, the Superior Producer or Klein Curacao may be worth considering, we didn't have the opportunity to do either. Ocean Encounters would be convenient for you and goes to both.

Enjoy your trip to Curacao, good diving,

Craig

As a new diver, I think you'll enjoy all your dives even if they are all from shore. Mark and Suzy will take you to a variety of sites. East side, central and west end. The family can go with you and just beach it. Ask about Cas Abou, Porto Marie and Westpunt Dive Bus dives.

Thanks Scott and Sunshine

There are just so many dive sites listed ... Too many and too little time! I think I may concentrate on the East side as my LDS is planning a March break trip next year to Kura Hulanda. Curacao seems like a small island but I guess there is no highway - lol. It's one of those don't want to miss anything feelings so thought I would ask, the Dive Bus team seem really nice and I am sure they will take us to some excellent spots. Thanks for your input!! Only 5 nights to go! Please hold the sunshine, Sunshine!

Ermmm I meant thanks Craig, who the hell is Scott? Lol

Hey Zeldah,

Have a great time on Curacao, I'll be in Boynton Beach Florida at the same time.

Good diving, Craig

Thanks Craig!

Dive safe out there!

Kirsty

Tugboat is a good shore dive also. It's better around the point to the south - there's a sort of flat area that leads to a wall with lots of eels and other stuff. Then come back in over the tugboat for your safety stop - it's only 20' deep.

fwiw, Ocean Encounters has a shop at Breezes. Our location at Breezes Curacao Resort | Ocean Encounters Diving Curacao

Thanks Steve, will add it to my ever expanding list! I am so excited :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom