CUN to CZM on Maya Air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jpomerantz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am sure this has been covered before but searching get me nada. After many trips into CUN and the bag drag going to try the Maya Air puddle jump. Any recent experience? What terminal at CUN does it go out of? We are used to flying into CZM too - where in the terminal do domestic arrivals get picked up? Thanks

We have done it lots of times.
When you arrive in Cancun you look for the reps with the blue and white uniforms. They look like Pitufos/smurfs and they will arrange a short ride to a separate terminal and you fly away and 12 minutes later you land in cozumel.

Karen,
Do you reserve ahead, or just show and go?

you can just show up but the flight could be booked. I would book a flight that leaves a little less than two hours from your scheduled arrival. If you get to Maya Air early then you might be able to get the earlier flight if there is space open.

you can just show up but the flight could be booked. I would book a flight that leaves a little less than two hours from your scheduled arrival. If you get to Maya Air early then you might be able to get the earlier flight if there is space open.
This is what I always do. Be prepared for the extra expense in overweight fees. I paid 70 dollars extra last time. the limit is 50lbs. I doubled that.

I am sure this has been covered before but searching get me nada. After many trips into CUN and the bag drag going to try the Maya Air puddle jump. Any recent experience? What terminal at CUN does it go out of? We are used to flying into CZM too - where in the terminal do domestic arrivals get picked up? Thanks

You will have to go from the international terminal #3 to terminal #1. I would definitely book it ahead of time unless you don't mind sitting around a very small terminal for several hours, why take a chance.

Mayair is used as a commuter airline for a lot of people flying on business from Cancun to Coz and back so the plane can be full or it can be empty (only holds 18 passengers) so make a reservation giving yourself enough time from landing at terminal #3, going through customs (in case you get the red light) and then the trip from terminal #3 to terminal #1 (they are separate buildings and quite a distance apart (not walkable).

I walk there with two dive bags, a carryon roller strapped to my bag and a hand bag. Mind you I'm fairly strong and sweat ten pounds off by the time I get there, but it is a nice walk if you are light. No more than ten minutes. or take the shuttle. duh

I walk there with two dive bags, a carryon roller strapped to my bag and a hand bag. Mind you I'm fairly strong and sweat ten pounds off by the time I get there, but it is a nice walk if you are light. No more than ten minutes. or take the shuttle. duh

I should have clarified.. Yes you can walk it if you want to sweat off 10 pounds, just like you could walk from the Cancun airport to the pier at Playa Del Carman if you are that macho and want to make a silly point.

Back to my point. The transfer from T3 to T1 is not set up to be a casual stroll. I haven't seen (from my rides on the FREE shuttle) any direct sidewalks going in that direction or any signs that say "if you want to sweat off 10 pounds and get run over by traffic.. walk this way". From the route the FREE shuttle takes I haven't seen an easy or direct way to get there but as firstdive2005 reported it is possible to walk there along side the heavily traveled road (being passed by the FREE shuttle) rather than taking the FREE shuttle that will take you from door to door.. Oh yes, did I mention it is FREE !!

But then again, I've never walked it so I can't argue with firstdive2005, I take the FREE shuttle !!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom