Cuft to liter conversion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello,

Sorry for the confusion but what i'm looking for has little to do with what you wrote.

Ed

EDITED BY MANIA

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

BTW rick gave me the answer I was looking for, thanks.

Ed

EDITED BY MANIA

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, yes... extrapolating the 2.54cm per inch relationship gives us a bit over 28 liters per cubic foot, which anyone can readily see explains why an Aluminum 80 is 11 liters...
Thanks for clearing that up for us ignorants down here in the backwaters of Alabama, Omar.
Where are you from, there, lad?
Rick

Hello,

All BS aside.

1 ci = 0.01639 liter

All you need is the water capacity ci of the tank. That's part 2 (finding the water capacity by the shape of the bottle)

Ed

Originally posted by blacknet
Hello,

Anyone know the formula to convert cubic feet to liters for tanks?

Ed
Here is a example of liters to cubic feet:

Faber 15lt
15 ltr x 61.02= 915.30 cubic inches
915.30 ci. / 1728 = .529 cf @ 0 psi
.529cf x 177.4= 93.97 cf @2640 psi
15 liters = 93.97 cf @2640 psi, 70 degrees F

PST LP-95
940 ci /1728= .543 cf @ 0
.543cf x 177.4 96.50 cf @2640 psi, 70 degrees F

TI

Ok...since we are on the subject, does anyone have a link to a conversion chart I can print up regarding tanks (metric vs. imperial)? I work in wholesale, and deal with many Japanes, Korean, and Chinese companies...and I really don't have time to do the math when they start asking about tanks.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Reactions: Roz
Hello,

wish there was. some vendors publishes both water volume (metric) AND total air volume at pressure (imperial). Doing the conversion you would have to do several math steps and I would think someone somewhere has already wrote a chart for this, for common sized tanks.

Ed

Here's a link I use when converting different units when I'm too lazy to do it by hand(which I could if I had to). The problem is like Rick said, the CUFT is pressurized. When you stick in 11 liters and covert it to CUFT, you only get .39, which would work if we didn't like any pressure in our tanks.:shocked2::wink:
Unit Converter with the most Common Units

Now, I guess if someone took the time to take tank volumes and working pressure CUFT, we could make a chart to cross reference.

Back
Top Bottom