Cuff Rings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buff

Contributor
Reaction score
If I tear a cuff in the field I want to be able to change it right away on my dry suit......therefore I am interested in cuff rings.

Have you, or anyone you know, dove with Bare's Trilaminate Cuff Ring System?

Can you keep a inner latex seal with the Bare rings and still use latex cuff gloves-thereby having BOTH the glove seal AND the latex seal on the suit? I would be interested in this to prevent suit flooding if I tore a glove.

Nordic Blue has a cuff ring system-it's much cheaper than Bare's but also doesn't look as "beefy". I was wondering the same questions: Can you have BOTH a latex seal AND a glove seal on the rings. Or is this system just "cuff only"

Thanks
Mike

Bare's is SI Techs with a different logo on it. That is what I have on my suit. You can do it either way. I left the wrist seals on my suit since come April I will take the rings out, ditch the gloves and go back to thin neoprene gloves.

The interesting thing about price is what is the total system cost. I noticed that OS Systems has a cheap set of rings and then gig you with the cost of the gloves. It seems to me that the nordic blue gloves are about $85 a pair. Add to that the cost of the rings. The Bares were $25 for the suit rings and something around $95 for the gloves and glove rings.

JoelW

A couple of weeks ago i got a set of Diving Concepts drygloves. They can be instaled either way also, IE, with or without the latex seal. I dove them in 38 degree water for 40 minutes, and my hands have never been warmer.

I got them from www.covci.com

They had the best price!

Good luck,

Dave

Hey Big O:

I went to the covci web sight to see what their prices were. I wanted to see if they cost less than what I paid for my Diving Concepts dry gloves. (always looking for a deal).
Anyway I could not find any mention of Diving Concepts product on that web sight. Was it a special item they had in at the time of your purchase ? My gloves are in great shape but eventually I will need another pair and when that happens I will be looking for the best deal.

Arduous

Originally posted by Arduous
Hey Big O:

I went to the covci web sight to see what their prices were. I wanted to see if they cost less than what I paid for my Diving Concepts dry gloves. (always looking for a deal).
Anyway I could not find any mention of Diving Concepts product on that web sight. Was it a special item they had in at the time of your purchase ? My gloves are in great shape but eventually I will need another pair and when that happens I will be looking for the best deal.

Arduous

You may have to email him. I forgot to tell you he just became a Diving Concepts dealer and he hasn't updated his website yet.

Dave

Thanks for the Info Big O

....... Arduous .......

I had a chance to take a look at the Diving Concept ring system and they look very well made and "beefy". Another item on the birthday wish list.

Eric :)

Back
Top Bottom