Cuff Rings and Non-dry Gloves...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tod

Contributor
Reaction score
When I ordered my new dry suit, I opted for the cuff rings (so I could quickly change the wrist seals). I know I can buy the dry gloves and the "quick rings" (from SI or someone) but for now I am comfortable with normal wet suit gloves.

After diving with the suit I have found that it is rather difficult to get the wet suit gloves on and stuffed inside the wrist seal (below the cuff ring). Fortunately, my gloves have a rather short length up my wrists. I am finding most typical wet suit gloves now have a really long length, but none of them will fit over the ring.

Does anyone else in here also have the cuff rings and still use regular gloves? If so, what do you find works best for you?

Tod:
When I ordered my new dry suit, I opted for the cuff rings (so I could quickly change the wrist seals). I know I can buy the dry gloves and the "quick rings" (from SI or someone) but for now I am comfortable with normal wet suit gloves.

After diving with the suit I have found that it is rather difficult to get the wet suit gloves on and stuffed inside the wrist seal (below the cuff ring). Fortunately, my gloves have a rather short length up my wrists. I am finding most typical wet suit gloves now have a really long length, but none of them will fit over the ring.

Does anyone else in here also have the cuff rings and still use regular gloves? If so, what do you find works best for you?

Are you saying that most of the wetsuit gloves are too long?

If you're not going to use the rings for the time being then you can remove them (at least the Si-tech ones are easily removed if this is what you meant). If not then you can either try to fold the gloves back over itself again so it fits (sounds like a pain in the butt) or cut them.

I would cut them

R..

Diver0001:
Are you saying that most of the wetsuit gloves are too long?

If you're not going to use the rings for the time being then you can remove them (at least the Si-tech ones are easily removed if this is what you meant). If not then you can either try to fold the gloves back over itself again so it fits (sounds like a pain in the butt) or cut them.

I would cut them

R..
Yes, the wetsuit gloves are too long (most are).

The cuff rings actually hold the wrist seals onto the sleeve, allowing for quick changes. The problem is the ring is too large to allow most (if not all) wet suit gloves to fit over them. I have been folding mine over, and they are pretty short to begin with.

I was just curious if there was something else I hadn't thought of that might make the use of non dry gloves easier. For the time being, I will settle for folding the gloves.

I have rings on my suit and I regularily use wet gloves. I don't try to fit the base of the glove over the ring because, as you pointed out, its too big. Try to find a glove that isn't gauntlet style if it has a shorter cuff you won't have to worry about folding it down as much. I have a pair of 3 mil gloves that I wear with the suit. I can't wear my 5 mil gloves cause the gauntlet is way to long.

Thanks. I've been wearing some Seasoft gloves for the past couple of years and they are rather short (when compared to most of the new ones these days).

Anyway, I am glad to see that I just haven't missed something and that others have the same issue.

I have the rings and use Scuba Pro gauntlet gloves. They fit over the ring without to much hassle.

Back
Top Bottom