Cuda vs P1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is only part of the difference. Type II must be sealed (contributing to corrosion resistance) whereas Type III is typically not. You can seal Type III to contribute to corrosion resistance at the sacrifice of lower abrasion resistance (the whole point of Type III). Even with full duplex sealed Type III, in practical application we've still found the best saltwater corrosion resistance with Type II Class 2 dyed ano, particularly with regard to galvanic corrosion around stainless fasteners.

Just to be clear, I always reserve the right to be wrong :wink:

It sounds like you know way more than I do about the particulars of anodizing and I appreciate the education.

:D No worries. I'm just the guy that drew the short straw and had to read the full mil spec and write our in-house anodizing reference guide haha! Nice machine work by the way :callme:

In an attempt to avoid starting a new thread, maybe I should, I made some progress today on retrofitting a bigger battery into my Piranha:

Here's the basic idea:

Capture.JPG

I cut out some 1/4" delrin on the laser:

IMG_1394.jpg

Parts are a loose press retained by the tube:

IMG_1395.jpg

IMG_1396.jpg

The housing tightens / retains the press:

IMG_1397.jpg

I'm hoping friction is enough to hold the assembly in place and let me slide it fore/aft for trim and indexing to counteract torque from the motor. This is undoubtedly revA so we shall see.

Awesome work on the tube and battery holder. Would be good to see when you’ve got it on the lathe and machining the sealing surface!

21190FC5-0EF4-4F6D-ACE9-CD35892DED66.jpeg

I have chemical stripped the powdercoating. Interesting it didn’t touch the alodine underneath. Sanded and then scoth brite the alodine off to get the clean surface. I glass beed blasted the areas with corrosion.

will be soda blasting the sealing surface tomorrow.

In an attempt to avoid starting a new thread, maybe I should, I made some progress today on retrofitting a bigger battery into my Piranha:

Here's the basic idea:

View attachment 637598
I cut out some 1/4" delrin on the laser:

View attachment 637600

Parts are a loose press retained by the tube:

View attachment 637603

View attachment 637604

The housing tightens / retains the press:

View attachment 637605

I'm hoping friction is enough to hold the assembly in place and let me slide it fore/aft for trim and indexing to counteract torque from the motor. This is undoubtedly revA so we shall see.
Will you be adding any ribbing or welding in support? I’m not sure if the pirhana has any or not. Seems like these bodies are made out of 200mm diameter 5mm thick pipe and then just lathed. The Sierra was left 5mm the whole way (like the pirhana?)

cool project looking forward to the finished body and setup

This tube is 8” x .25” wall. (~200mm x 6mm wall) , I don’t think it needs reinforcing.

I’m using this tube because I found it at the local recyclers and got it for scrap prices.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom