CSSP this Friday or Saturday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bryan

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi Guys,

Anyone up for diving at CSSP tomorrow (Friday) or Saturday? I've wanted to become a Texas Swamp Diver ever since I heard about you this past April, but never have had the good fortune to dive with one of you!

--Bryan

We are diving CSSP on Saturday starting around 10AM till 11PM. Look for Surface Interval Scuba Trailer and ask for Debra. We are bringing food and beverages, so you just need to bring your chair and dive gear. Come on by and say hi and I will initiate you as a Texas Swamp Diver. Now where is my rope, sling, and pea shooter......???? Who has the 6 foot alligator this weekend?? Looks like I am going to need it.....

Debraw:
We are diving CSSP on Saturday starting around 10AM till 11PM. Look for Surface Interval Scuba Trailer and ask for Debra. We are bringing food and beverages, so you just need to bring your chair and dive gear. Come on by and say hi and I will initiate you as a Texas Swamp Diver. Now where is my rope, sling, and pea shooter......???? Who has the 6 foot alligator this weekend?? Looks like I am going to need it.....

Cool... sounds great! Thank you very much!

Food and beverages provided, too!? This is too good to be true :)

Can I bring anything to contribute snackwise? Chips, soda, cookies, etc?

Don't go through any trouble, we will have it all! See you Saturday.

Debraw:
Don't go through any trouble, we will have it all! See you Saturday.

Cool, thanks! My divebuddy and I are meeting up there around 8am, so we'll start looking for you guys after 10am.

I'll be driving a '98 Ford Ranger (hunter green) with a "Sisu" bumper sticker.

Ok, looks like one of my DM's will be there at about 7AM to secure a spot for us. He drives a green truck, bald head, big white mustache. His name is Dr. Ash. We will be there about 9am-9:30am. We just packed the trailer. Holy cow......

DiverBry:
Cool... sounds great! Thank you very much!

Food and beverages provided, too!? This is too good to be true :)

Can I bring anything to contribute snackwise? Chips, soda, cookies, etc?

Debraw is kind of like Caesar, she travels with enough to feed an army. And an army sometimes shows up to help eat it all. Guaranteed fun!

Debraw:

Hi Debraw!

It was great to meet you and your crew yesterday, thanks for the wonderful hamburger lunch, and for initiating me into the Texas Swamp Divers! That 6' alligator experience has left me shaking in my boots, I must say!

Yesterday was a blast! Your group is a lot of fun... hope to be able to dive with y'all and torment the fire ants again sometime. By the way, what was the name of your course director? He seemed very knowledgable about AGA/Interspiro regulators. Do you know if he is on Scubaboard?

That last dive was my first night dive, too! Loved how the fish were taking advantage of our dive lights to find their dinner.

Thanks again,
Bryan

Welcome to the Swamp DiverBry!!!

Glad to have ya aboard.

Hear ya about the 'gator wrestling...That about blew Firefyters ear when the 4th 'gator took him down to 49 feet then raced up to the surface with him.

How'd ya do on the 50 dives having to hold the live cottonmouths?

No fair grabbin' 'em by the tail and hittin' their heads on the ground before the dives. :D

Again, welcome to the Swamp.

Umm...fire ants? Is this something new now?

Oh no, can't be having to do a dive with 50 fire ants in your wetsuit!

Can I just be Grandfathered in? :D

sealskin98:
Welcome to the Swamp DiverBry!!!

Glad to have ya aboard.

Hear ya about the 'gator wrestling...That about blew Firefyters ear when the 4th 'gator took him down to 49 feet then raced up to the surface with him.

How'd ya do on the 50 dives having to hold the live cottonmouths?

No fair grabbin' 'em by the tail and hittin' their heads on the ground before the dives. :D

Again, welcome to the Swamp.

Umm...fire ants? Is this something new now?

Oh no, can't be having to do a dive with 50 fire ants in your wetsuit!

Can I just be Grandfathered in? :D

Hi! Thanks for the welcome!

Yes, you have to stand in a pile of fireants now, allow them to crawl up your leg, and then do your dive. Apparently when they bite, it warms you up, so the water doesn't feel so cold. I'm not sure if the advice worked though... I'm just very itchy! :11:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom