CSSP this Friday or Saturday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Try puttin' vinegar on 'em.

Oh no, someone is gonna try the fire ants in the wetsuit thing...again.

That's worse than if Firefyter had not run the wasp out of Donald's wetsuit one time that was hangin' up between dives.

Well I think I am almost fully recovered from this past weekend. We went to CSSP on Saturday and arrived at 9:45AM. I did 6 dives in my dry suit in the 70 degree water ( some say 68 degrees) over the course of 11 hours out there. There was not that much downtime, and up and down those stairs 6 times had me draggin by the end of the day. I met Diverbry and his buddy and a few other swampers and we had about 10-12 in our group. Well, for those of you who have not met Bryan yet, you are in for a real treat. He is super nice and enthusiastic about diving. Welcome Diverbry as an official swamper. We did not get in a full dive but we did manage to descend on the same line/platform, dove in the same lake and were able to squeeze in a couple of nice chats along the way. I was busy being a problematic student on the platform for our course director and IDC candidate. It was an all day affair! Visibility was marginal at about 5 feet.
I decorated a platform with glow in the dark bones, skulls and such. Once again the glow just wasn't strong enough for the bad visibility. This was my second attempt at underwater decorating and most likely my last. We ate hamburgers, munched on chips, had a few Caramel apples ( Carmel or caramel depending on who you talk to), cupcakes, cookies, hot chocolate and more. Thank goodness the weather was spectacular and there was little or no wind along with the blazing sun.
Firefyter hung till the very end with only 4 of us left standing in the parking lot. It was good day and thanks for coming out.

DiverBry:
By the way, what was the name of your course director? He seemed very knowledgable about AGA/Interspiro regulators. Do you know if he is on Scubaboard?

That was Dave O'Neal our PADI Course Director. Dave lives in Arizona and is knowledgeable in all things dive related. Dave is not on the board, but I will PM you is email address. We were lucky enough to accompany Dave on his 2000th dive ( he doesn't count pool dives!) in open water conditions. That is a milestone. :wink:

Debraw:
That was Dave O'Neal our PADI Course Director. Dave lives in Arizona and is knowledgeable in all things dive related. Dave is not on the board, but I will PM you is email address. We were lucky enough to accompany Dave on his 2000th dive ( he doesn't count pool dives!) in open water conditions. That is a milestone. :wink:

I wish Capt. Dave would get on the board....he would be an awesome addition! :D

I had a great time Saturday, it was a perfect day for diving. HUGE kudos to Debra for all the hard work she put in to make this happen, she's a gracious hostess who always makes everyone feel welcome.

Too bad Foo didn't make it, rumor is that there was another asstronomical event in the parking lot :wink:

Seriously, though, it was a great day, and even though the vis pretty much sucked, I enjoyed it all. I enjoyed meeting and visiting with Bryan, and I look forward to seeing you out there again.

I'm gonna try to make it out there a few more times this year, and I'll be at the DUI DOG Days for sure.

Firefyter:
Too bad Foo didn't make it, rumor is that there was another asstronomical event in the parking lot :wink:

Don't think I wasn't very much aware of the full moon, even though I wasn't there. I was actually too busy playing dress up- I was Ugly Betty for Halloweenie, and boy, was I ugly!!

Debraw:
Well I think I am almost fully recovered from this past weekend. We went to CSSP on Saturday and arrived at 9:45AM. I did 6 dives in my dry suit in the 70 degree water ( some say 68 degrees) over the course of 11 hours out there. There was not that much downtime, and up and down those stairs 6 times had me draggin by the end of the day. I met Diverbry and his buddy and a few other swampers and we had about 10-12 in our group. Well, for those of you who have not met Bryan yet, you are in for a real treat. He is super nice and enthusiastic about diving. Welcome Diverbry as an official swamper. We did not get in a full dive but we did manage to descend on the same line/platform, dove in the same lake and were able to squeeze in a couple of nice chats along the way. I was busy being a problematic student on the platform for our course director and IDC candidate. It was an all day affair! Visibility was marginal at about 5 feet.
I decorated a platform with glow in the dark bones, skulls and such. Once again the glow just wasn't strong enough for the bad visibility. This was my second attempt at underwater decorating and most likely my last. We ate hamburgers, munched on chips, had a few Caramel apples ( Carmel or caramel depending on who you talk to), cupcakes, cookies, hot chocolate and more. Thank goodness the weather was spectacular and there was little or no wind along with the blazing sun.
Firefyter hung till the very end with only 4 of us left standing in the parking lot. It was good day and thanks for coming out.
Thanks for being such great hosts. I had a great time diving with everyone. I will try to make DUI days if my schedule permits. If not, I will thaw out again in the spring and come join the gang again. OK, now on to hibernation......
badaggie

Firefyter:
I had a great time Saturday, it was a perfect day for diving. HUGE kudos to Debra for all the hard work she put in to make this happen, she's a gracious hostess who always makes everyone feel welcome.

Seriously, though, it was a great day, and even though the vis pretty much sucked, I enjoyed it all. I enjoyed meeting and visiting with Bryan, and I look forward to seeing you out there again.

I'm gonna try to make it out there a few more times this year, and I'll be at the DUI DOG Days for sure.

The vis certainly was bad, especially above 25ft. On the bright side the poor vis may have made it easier to sneak up on the turtles like we did.:crafty:

Badaggie:
Thanks for being such great hosts. I had a great time diving with everyone. I will try to make DUI days if my schedule permits. If not, I will thaw out again in the spring and come join the gang again. OK, now on to hibernation......
badaggie

Yes, thank you very much! :) Do you guys do much diving in the winter?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom