CSSP Sunday 4/3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was there Saturday and boy was it chilly. We were only able to make one dive though, time constraints suck but i havent been wet since acapulco in November. I had to make sure my gear got some moisture to counter the dry rot hehe.

-Moo

I can't believe I forgot this, but the only blight on the day was the last 5 mins or so of the dive, when Firefyter blew out his ear again... here's hoping he has a speedy recovery and never has this problem again!!!

Foo

Foo:
I can't believe I forgot this, but the only blight on the day was the last 5 mins or so of the dive, when Firefyter blew out his ear again... here's hoping he has a speedy recovery and never has this problem again!!!

Foo

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, there was another Foo sighting yesterday. She IS real (late). I had a great time, finally got my weight dialed in and really enjoyed the dive. I was having so much fun playing around that I got ignorant. I had been rolling around and chasing fish the entire dive, having a blast. Those bass get real aggressive when they're on the nest, and I was loving it. I kept doing it, and we were coming near the end of the dive, and I was in 10 feet of water. I had to get slightly negative to keep all that neoprene down, then I got the mother of all calf cramps. I doubled over to work it out, my head dropped all of 2-3 feet in depth, and the ear went. We all know where the greatest pressure changes occur, and this is further proof of it. Luckily, it's scar tissue now so there's no pain associated with it, I'm just out of the water for a month. My bride called an ENT for me, and he had a prescription for antibiotic drops waiting for me when I got back to town, just to prevent infection from the water.

See Des, it happens even when you're not there. My ignorance and weakened tympanic causes it...lol.

It was great meeting TwoBit, and had a great time diving with Kevreid again. I'm looking forward to the next time in the swamp. Maybe we can get Sealskin and Truckdiver out there, as well as the rest of the northern clan for another gathering like we had last year.

Firefyter:
Yes, ladies and gentlemen, there was another Foo sighting yesterday. She IS real (late). I had a great time, finally got my weight dialed in and really enjoyed the dive. I was having so much fun playing around that I got ignorant. I had been rolling around and chasing fish the entire dive, having a blast. Those bass get real aggressive when they're on the nest, and I was loving it. I kept doing it, and we were coming near the end of the dive, and I was in 10 feet of water. I had to get slightly negative to keep all that neoprene down, then I got the mother of all calf cramps. I doubled over to work it out, my head dropped all of 2-3 feet in depth, and the ear went. We all know where the greatest pressure changes occur, and this is further proof of it. Luckily, it's scar tissue now so there's no pain associated with it, I'm just out of the water for a month. My bride called an ENT for me, and he had a prescription for antibiotic drops waiting for me when I got back to town, just to prevent infection from the water.

See Des, it happens even when you're not there. My ignorance and weakened tympatic causes it...lol.

It was great meeting Twobit, and had a great time diving with Kevreid again. I'm looking forward to the next time in the swamp. Maybe we can get Sealskin and Truckdiver out there, as well as the rest of the northern clan for another gathering like we had last year.

Thomas sorry to hear of your bad luck,,,,but when you say your ear went are you refering to the ear drum breaking??????

texdiveguy:
Thomas sorry to hear of your bad luck,,,,but when you say your ear went are you refering to the ear drum breaking??????

Yep, my left eardrum ruptured...AGAIN. Actually, this is the fourth time it's happened, the last time was last summer at CSSP. The two times previous it was due to sinus infections. It's a small perforation that heals up rather easily, but the scar tissue is weak and ruptures before anything else goes. Thankfully it doesn't hurt, it's just annoying because I can't dive until it heals. I look pretty funny with bubbles coming out of my ear...lol.

Hey Thomas,

What was that gray matter I saw coming out of your ear along with the bubbles the last time?

Just kidding my friend, hope you are better soon. Maybe you and Marcus should start your own club. :D

I'm looking forward to warmer weather; maybe you, Frank, and I can do Broken Bow pretty quick.

sealskin98:
Hey Thomas,

What was that gray matter I saw coming out of your ear along with the bubbles the last time?

I don't know....snot maybe?...LOL

sealskin98:
Just kidding my friend, hope you are better soon. Maybe you and Marcus should start your own club. :D

I'm ok, it's the same as before...if I could just learn to dive like Marcus, then I'd know I was getting somewhere, and I was in good company.

sealskin98:
I'm looking forward to warmer weather; maybe you, Frank, and I can do Broken Bow pretty quick.

I'm ready. CSSP was 57-63 Sunday, and with 7mm and a shorty, I was actually pretty comfortable. Broken Bow can't be a whole lot different temp wise.

BTW, The LDS that Foo uses out of Tyler is having a big day out at CSSP the 30th of this month if you can make it. They're bringing grills and such, you just have to BYOBBQ. I'm going to meet them down there for fun, food, and diving, and you're sure welcome to join us. You'd like these guys, they're a lot of fun.

Cya around the swamp,

Dang it, Thomas. Oh well, the water'll be warmer in a month, maybe not quite toasty, but still warmer. The cats will probably go back into hiding, but the blue gills will be back.

I had fun even though I only did the 1 dive. It felt good not having 20 lbs strapped around my butt. Of course Foo was doing her damndest to fatten me up with those rice crispy thingys.

Firefyter:
Maybe we can get Sealskin and Truckdiver out there, as well as the rest of the northern clan for another gathering like we had last year.

Hey I'm all for that! I've got a case of cabin fever you wouldn't believe!
However, call me a wuss if ya like, but it has got to warm up a little more.
I may be a maniac, but I ain't crazy! :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom