CSSP Sunday 4/3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be there as long as they don't ask me to work over tomorrow. I'll try to be there by 9:30 or 10:00 and get set up on the NW side around the bench if it's not too crowded. I'm going to try and do a weight check with my near empty tank and then get it filled before Foo and family get there.

Time to start my Spring diet and lose the extra 20 lbs I gained winter diving. I'm ready to switch back to my wetsuit.

See y'all in the morning.

I got a free kitchen pass. I'm comming. I'll bring my own mask this time.

TwoBit

Great, this is shaping up to be a lot of fun. Foo said that if she brought snacks, Des would come. Looks like she was right, now let's just hope SHE shows up :D

Firefyter:
Looks like she was right, now let's just hope SHE shows up :D

You're gonna pay for that. Thomas, how do you take your brownies? With ex-lax or without? :eyebrow:

Foofellforthebait

Was just thinking how much I wish I had gone out to CSSP today. Checked on here and see several of you going tomorrow, believe I will "come on down".

kevreid:
Was just thinking how much I wish I had gone out to CSSP today. Checked on here and see several of you going tomorrow, believe I will "come on down".

Kevin Reid, Come on down!! You're the next guinea pig for Foo's brownies...lol. Seriously, come on. The water's gonna be colder than who'd a thought it, and misery loves company. I don't know how long I can stay in water that cold, but I'm too stupid not to try it...lol.

We all had a really nice time. My mosquito didn't want to do the first dive, so it stayed on the surface, even when it was at 40 feet. It chose to do the second dive just fine.

Texass and I did the first dive while Kevreid and Fire worked on weighting. Tex was a silly boy and deciced to leave his nice dry suit at home and dive wet. After 45 minutes in 57-62*F water, he was done for the day.

Foo and hubby showed up somewhere around twoish blaming it on the time change and a living room full of High school Srs crashed out from a post prom party. Everyone suited up for this dive (except Texass) and we had a nice 45 minute dive.

The weather was awesome, Foo's food was good, and fun was had by all.

It was good to meet Firefyter and Kevreid and see Foo again.

TwoBit

Great day, thanks for leading the group TwoBit.

Foo did show up but no brownies!!!! How about those Rice Krispie bars Texass?

Let's do it again soon.

I decided against the brownies because they were too obvious. Firefyter just thought that those were pecans in the rice crispie treats. Bwahaahaaahaaaa.

Thanks to all the guys (Kevreid, Texass, Firefyter, and TwoBitTexan) for welcoming us and for a great afternoon. We hung out more than we dived, but it was a blast. Mr. Foo and I wore our 7mm's for the 1st time, so were playing the "weighting" game, but we did pretty well- he will wear a couple more lbs next time, but I think mine was about right. I would have been in trouble without the hood that Firefyter lent me, I was silly enough to bring only my beanie. Yikes!

We didn't see many fish, but one really big catfish did cruise much of the dive with us, that was cool. TwoBit had a nose-to-nose stand off with a huge bass, standing guard over its nest. I did see one perch late in the dive, and several babies in the hydrilla. Water temps (depending on who reported) ranged from 57-60 degrees, and I thought the vis was pretty good, I was quite happy with it- probably around 20-25 ft. My hands got cold, but toward the end of the dive, I stayed around 20-25' deep, and that helped, it felt warmer there than at 30', to me.

Thanks to Kevreid, I was nice and toasty warm after the dive- he let me use a towel, since I also forgot those! All in all, it was an extremely pleasant day, spent with nice friends. Thanks again, guys, and I look forward to the next dive day!

Foo

Back
Top Bottom