CSSP report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I buy them I dump about half of the alcohol mixture out and add white vinegar. I use them before and after each dive. The alcohol dries and the vinegar kills little nasties.

Yea. You and Alan both do that Vinegar thing....
After a dive Ya'll smell like Vinny and Guedo up at Pasta Roma Restorante' when they "Maka tha Salad"
:rofl3:

Hey .......Kunk35 and I saw upwards up 5 feet of Vis. and lots of fish out at Lake Texoma last Saturday so who needs CSSP
:wink:

Technically, it's "Guido" and "Ristorante", François.

Some say, "Tomatoe" ... Some say, " ToMa' Toe "

Me ... I just say, " ' Mader "

you dern Salad Spinner

When I buy them I dump about half of the alcohol mixture out and add white vinegar. I use them before and after each dive. The alcohol dries and the vinegar kills little nasties.

Also the vinegar restores the correct pH level to your inner ear. You can actually save $ by just using 50/50 mix of white vinegar/rubbing alcohol. No special stuff necessary. Be sure and lay your head down sideways on a towel for a few minutes after putting drops in the top ear. Just rest a minute or two before you turn your head, so that the solution soaks your ear well, and gets deeper in the canal. Then repeat on the other side. Do this after every dive day, and you will not get swimmer's ear. My girls used to get swimmer's ear every time they would get in the water, but after I followed their pediatician's advice, (above) they never got swimmer's ear again.

EXCEPT, of course, when my oldest daughter, Foo2... went diving at CSSP recently and didn't use the mixture. Hmmm... guess what happened? Shoulda listened to mama... :no :10:

Well, I'm not jealous anymore of the diving, but of course I would have enjoyed the SI company. I almost went out Saturday, but being the responsible soul that I am, I stayed home and helped put finishing spit-shine on our house before putting up the for sale sign this weekend. Finally!! Yippeeee. We love this old house but we want to move out to our land. And it's too big now that we're empty nesters.

Okay, now to find a buyer in this weak market...

Pretty amazing that Alan and Thomas even saw each other at all in that muck, much less recognize each other, ha! Although both of their gear setups are somewhat unique- especially the smiley face Firefyter fins. :D

Ryan! Your dive day was starting to sound like you were Sad Sack! LOL! Everything happened wrong, though, and you still had fun- so you had the right attitude. It's all good when you're blowing le bubbles.

Anyone know if CSSP is open Labor Day? I figure it probably is but I'm too lazy to go to their website when I can talk with friends here. hehe.

Also, Ryan... you kept your cool when things went sour down there, good work. The bolt coming loose incident is exactly the type of thing that causes accidents in some cases. If the diver panics, gets tangled, etc., then that's when the SHTF. But, you just matter of factly handled the issues, and that deserves a gold star. That shows you that you're becoming an experienced diver.

Foo--

CSSP is open 10-6 on Labor Day.

What do I have to do to get a gold star?
I am jealous. Can I at least get a happy face?

Back
Top Bottom