CSSP report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We were at CSSP on the 23rd (our first time, and are new divers). We were at the "American Airlines" end. It was very crowded & vis. wasn't the best. Will that get better soon? And how is the diving in October?

The visibility is really good from late January until early May. It then gradually deteriorates through summer with the worst generally being in late August. :)

HI--- Are you a student or are you employed with the school ??

*** Looked at your MySpace and got the answer to my question---cool! Now I did note you said you are 77 years old --- NO WAY ...... I have seen you at CSSP several weeks back. Come clean!

Oh...the wonders of modern science... Internet Science that is... LOL :hideing_b

Haven't seen you out since! How has the pond been? I heard the blooms were unbearable! I suffered some ear infections from it I think.

Oh...the wonders of modern science... Internet Science that is... LOL :hideing_b

Haven't seen you out since! How has the pond been? I heard the blooms were unbearable! I suffered some ear infections from it I think.

Sorry to learn of your ear infection....hope you are feeling a bit better....those hurt!

The pond is still there and the late blooms seem to be as strong as I remember them at CSSP. You have not particularly missed much--lol.

Hope that ear issue improves for you soon..... :)

You have not particularly missed much--lol.

I would disagree. I have missed a bunch :D and my navigation skills are pretty good :lotsalove:

The bloom is especially bad this year. I agree with Tex. It's worse than I ever remember seeing.
Very sad deal. It makes for bad diving for all of us; unless your a sadist and you absolutely insist upon practiciing bad vis navigation skills. . . . . . . of which, I am one. I still don't know what I think about zero ambient lighting below the photocline though.

I would disagree. I have missed a bunch :D and my navigation skills are pretty good :lotsalove:

Dude your nav skills are exceptional!!!

Richerso--

I think we're the 2 navigation enthusiasts at the pond. Vis lately really lets you know where your compass headings need to be tweaked. It leaves very little room for variance--I missed a lot of familiar targets last weekend, they were probably just inches away and I couldn't see them thru the muck.

H20--

After an ear infection last year that caused me to cancel a week long trip to Cozumel, I've been using swimmer's ear drops. They're a mixture of alcohol, purified water and some glycerine. They'll dry water out of your ears and kill germs that may be lurking behind. You can get them at the dive shop, Wal-mart, the drug store, wherever they have a pharmacy. I put drops in my ears after every dive and haven't had a problem since. :lotsalove:

Richerso--

I think we're the 2 navigation enthusiasts at the pond. Vis lately really lets you know where your compass headings need to be tweaked. It leaves very little room for variance--I missed a lot of familiar targets last weekend, they were probably just inches away and I couldn't see them thru the muck.

Funny you should say that.
Last time i was out there, I actually tweaked two compass headings I have been using for years.

H20--

After an ear infection last year that caused me to cancel a week long trip to Cozumel, I've been using swimmer's ear drops. They're a mixture of alcohol, purified water and some glycerine. They'll dry water out of your ears and kill germs that may be lurking behind. You can get them at the dive shop, Wal-mart, the drug store, wherever they have a pharmacy. I put drops in my ears after every dive and haven't had a problem since. :lotsalove:

When I buy them I dump about half of the alcohol mixture out and add white vinegar. I use them before and after each dive. The alcohol dries and the vinegar kills little nasties.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom