CSSP Labor Day Wkend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tone once bubbled...
...what's wrong with Athens or PK? I'm still considering trying a different spot. Have only been to CSSP here locally and just want something to compare. Have you been to Athens or PK? If you have, fill me in....

I can't say first hand about PK because I've never been there, but from the divers I know that have been there, the reviews are decidedly unfavorable. Bad vis, overcrowding and poor conditions are among the reasons I've heard the diving is less than pleasant there.

As for Athens, I've been there many times. It's an old clay pit that has been converted into a scuba lake. There are a number of sunken vessels (cabin cruisers, houseboats, golf carts and a C-140 Jetstar), but because of the pH factor in the water, there are no fish or marine life. What you see is what you get. I like it because it's fairly close by to me (Athens is practically my second "hometown") and it's unique because it's just off the downtown area. It's not particularly my favorite place to dive, but it is a good place to just swim around and burn a tank just for the fun of it.

I'll be attached to a chain saw the better part of the weekend working on the tree that put my truck in the shop. Then I get to rebuild fence.

Its opening weekend of dove season too. ;-0

TwoBit

Geez....best laid plans ...blah blah blah....anyway. We won't be able to make it out there on Saturday. The instructor Bill is working with is going to be doing DM stuff with the two DM candidates at the pool on Saturday. They've been trying for weeks to get this going and it it came together for this weekend. Bill called me just a few minutes ago to let me know...So instead of working with the instructor at the lake, he'll be able to get some of his DM requirements checked off. I think I'll try to spend the weekend getting some painting done or at least sketches from some of our Roatan pics.

I'm sorry that I won't be there. As of now it looks like it will be ScubaTexan, Sealskin98 and his friend, Gary, whom he met at the Coz airport. I know the group from Tyler is planning to be there, but I don't know how to tell you to look for them. They answered on the original post of Sealskin 98 ("anything in the works....."

Sounds like Tone is undecided yet as to where he's going but it sounds like he's going diving somewhere for sure. (Tone - to answer your question about PK...look on the other post where you asked about an alternative - I posted a reply there. But keep in mind, that's my opinion.....other people seem to thinks it's ok. I guess you'll have to decide for yourself.)

We haven't heard anything from Diablo65 yet. Maybe he and Lilly will see this post and come out too.

Anybody else?

Y'all have fun and I hope to dive with you all soon.

You still gonna be there tomorrow?

Lemme know how to find you.

sealskin98 once bubbled...
You still gonna be there tomorrow?

Lemme know how to find you.

Yeah, I guess I will still be there. I'm disappointed that Bill and Bridget won't be there, but I guess we can make the best of it. I'll be in an aquamarine Chevy Cavalier and I'll try to be there around 10-10:30.

Ken

ScubaTexan once bubbled, sniff sniff

Yeah, I guess I will still be there. I'm disappointed that Bill and Bridget won't be there, but I guess we can make the best of it.

I was so looking forward to meeting new swampsters, guess it's jus' you and me.

Want me to bring a grate for the fire?

We can do this! Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Be there about noon or so.

Hey, water is water (jus' add salt.)

:D

I be in black and gray p/u...and will wear the colors.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom