CSSP June 6th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Twinklez

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anybody gonna be there? Hate to go out alone, but then again, most of you that know me also know that's just exactly how I met most of you. It would be really nice to dive with some old friends (been thinking about a long hose lately) if any of you have the Time(liner), but .... then again, if you've got something else to do (yes Foo, this could be you) I may just have to make a few new ones. Anyone get the feeling I'm feeling a little frisky tonight? Thinking about diving kind of does that to me. Actually, thinking about diving with my friends does that to me! :)

Ok... on a serious note... I really would like to dive Saturday if anyone is planning on being out at Clear Springs Saturday. That being said, can anybody tell me what the conditions are looking like - temp / vis?

Hi Twinklez,

Guba and I just dove out there this past Sunday. Thermocline at around 19ft, not sure of the exact temps, but I was ok in a 3mil. Vis was about 15ft to 20ft.

I can't make it this weekend, but hopefully you will find someone to join you.

Good Luck!

Thank you Brad! That is just the info I needed.

If you dive much with any of the early swampers you will soon find that I'm not one to be short of a buddy for long. Sometimes drastic measures are required. I will literally solicite on site if need be! Robert is very accustomed to seeing my truck move from pavillion to pavillion throughout the day as I buddy hop around the dive park. Someone will dive with me this weekend, and more likely than not, someone will be plural. :)

i might be ahble if i can find a steel 85 or better to try befor i decied weither to go with steel or standard alum before i buy a tank
:confused:

i might be ahble if i can find a steel 85 or better to try befor i decied weither to go with steel or standard alum before i buy a tank
:confused:

Dementid, IMHO - I'd recommend the LP steel 85 over the aluminum so long as price is not an issue. Here's the benefits I'd suggest considering:

-Heavier tank, means less or no lead needed
-Weight is also evenly distributed (off the waist) making good horizontal trim much easier to achieve
-Holds more gas

Sorry for the Hijack, back to the OP's original topic ;-)

Twinklez, won't be there Saturday but a bunch of people (myself, wife and two others for sure in our group, maybe more) will be there Sunday. They are having an event that we hope is a good time.

Twinklez--

Last Sunday it was 77 degrees on the surface, and 56 degrees in the bottom of the silos (56 feet). Thermo below 20 feet. Dove a 5mm and was comfortable except in the silos where it got chilly. Bass are nesting so there's lots of baby fish if you like that sort of thing :)

It looks like I will be making my first dove outiong ofthe year...unless a job pops up I have to do. I plan on getting there around 10 or so and setting up on the east side.

Temp at surface was 78 according to my computer. At depths below platforms it ranged from 72 to 68. Better than last weekend. Visibility was better, but not as packed. Lots of new fishy's born along the walls. Beware of the mothers they are protective. Wearing a 3ml suit with hood and gloves was a little cool but tolerable. Its got to be better this weekend with the warmer air temps. Sunday it was 93, so the water felt good. I will be there, but you may not know me

Hey Twinklez !

You red headed wild thing you... " ' how you been ? " :D

I'll most likely be out in the freaky lake places Siren Hunting this weekend.

As you know I like my Sirens like I like my Coffee.......... :wink:

In a couple of weeks I'll be at Lake Broken Bow,OK. and the week after that I'll be at Lake Travis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom