CSSP Friday 5/12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy:
Hey thanks guys for a great day of diving...what a nice day of just relaxing!
My sentiment exactly. I had two very nice dives and got to meet khacken and ZZZKing. They were going in as we came out from the second dive. Sorry I couldnt have hung around for another dive. I got home in time for a short nap and then right out to a star party - 175 people. I set up two scopes and there were 4 other scopes as well. Just got home about 1155pm. Very full day.

I think I got some good picts today, but havent had time to look at them yet. I will get some posted tomorrow.

Willie

I really enjoyed meeting & diving with you guys yesterday. Sorry I couldn't stop for some nice, greasy TexMex. I had to settle for a freeby at the Age of Flight Museum and listen to John Glenn. Maybe next time!

wet-willie:
My sentiment exactly. I had two very nice dives and got to meet khacken and ZZZKing. They were going in as we came out from the second dive. Sorry I couldnt have hung around for another dive. I got home in time for a short nap and then right out to a star party - 175 people. I set up two scopes and there were 4 other scopes as well. Just got home about 1155pm. Very full day.

Willie

Willie and I share 3 common Loves/Problems... Lots of Grand Children, Scuba and Astronomy ... They can all keep a guy up late and wake you up early.
However... the 10 to 13 year old ones only wake up at Noon and avoid you during the day light hours 'cause your old (( Yea!! :D ))
There is a break during they're life I promise :wink:.

Sleep when you can Willie !
I say Burn the Candle at both Ends and in the Middle too !! :14:

Cheers !

Yeah, Friday was great. I went back out there today to try out a video. Looks like I will be buying a good light soon hahah.

I agree with Foo. Friday had much better vis than today. Friday was around 30 feet, today was more like 10-15. However, the temp is really coming up. Many people were diving in shorties, including one of my friends. Oh, I Ken is right, those turtles in the lake can be grumpy, one tried to bite my nose off haha.

khacken,

What time were you out there, and what area where you diving at? I was there from about 8:30 to 3:30 doing a Nav specialty. We dove from the North side, running from the Boat to the double platforms. Still trying to capture everything in my log.

10' Vis made the Nav specialty... shall we say interesting? I seemed to do Ok though.

How did the video work out?

I went under at 11:31, 2:21, and 4:39. We did the platforms and boat on the last two dives. Hehe, I am surprised we did not run into you. I use the platforms as a turn point to the boat. One trick I found that works best, and I bet they teach it, is to build in some error to hit the boat, so go a little to the left of 195 degrees since the buoy is at the stern. Also, scan scan scan, and look for any color changes in the water. Athens this Sunday will be a good test for me. I got lost a few times there last week.

LOL, Yeah, I missed the boat twice. Only we found that by taking my sighting/bearing on the buoy at the surface, I was guaranteed to miss the boat because the buoy was hanging way off the stern. Once we figured that out, I didn't have any issues with finding it.

Sounds like we probably passed each other a time or two in the pond. I am supposed to be out there this weekend again for my rescue diver cert, but my ear decided to plug up today, so likely will not be diving this weekend. Oh well, so long as it clears up before I head to Cozumel in June!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom