CSSP Current Conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

midnite135

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
A friend and I were debating some dives tomorrow but the latest data I could find was at least a month old.

Anyone know current temps at Clear Springs?

A friend and I were debating some dives tomorrow but the latest data I could find was at least a month old.

Anyone know current temps at Clear Springs?
Don't know if you made it out there today or not, but if you didn't, you missed a good day. I think I had mid 60's till about 20+ ft with very good viz of 10' (well, except for where the students were). At 30 it dropped to 49° - 50° (strangely some spots were 53°) and stayed like that on down to 53ffw & viz about 5'. Lots of students there today and I didn't hear any of them complaining about being cold, like I have in the past.

HTH
Franco

Thanks for getting back to me.

We ended up deciding to wait until today and drive a little farther out to Athens. I've never been and wanted to check it out.

We're doing Cozumel at the end of the month (My buddy has never dove out of lakes and I have never been to Coz) and just wanna do some gear checks and knock a little rust off. Very excited.

Wish us luck :wink:

Let us know how Athens is. I haven't been there in a year or so and want to get back hopefully next month.

I was at Athens this past weekend and vis was 45' and temp was 74 degrees. Got a little more cloudy closer to the OW students. It was the first time I was there and I was impressed. I plan on going back this weekend.

Yesterday temp was 71 down to the platform with thermocline right under platform water was a little murky I could just make out the platform from the surface.

IslandFrog and I dived CSSP today. Temp was 69 degrees from surface to almost exactly 17 feet, at which point it plummeted (to about 60). Plenty chilly for this ol' boy! Vis above the thermocline was markedly worse than below it. We had a "ceiling" on the 'cline, and vis below it varied from a few feet in places to over twenty feet in areas on the east wall. North end was markedly more murky than the south.

Back
Top Bottom