Current at Raja Ampat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This tide chart is pretty useful as reference:

I’m taking 6 other dive buddy with me. We’ll be on Blue Manta in 3 weeks (Feb 19-29). It was planned in Jan 2020 for February 2022, but because of Covid, the trip was rescheduled to February 2024. I think I’m ready for it.

This reef hook kit, below, is always in my BCD pocket.

IMG_2949.jpeg

Thanks for your honesty. I'm looking forward to going but am taking your comments seriously. In the Galapagos and in the Red Sea, guides did not take care of us. We were with a buddy or sometimes left solo! I've been diving in Indonesia and always felt the guides were on their game.
I was in RA on a LOB in December South to North and back to Central. There were some strong currents, but not unmanageable. I only used a hook maybe 3 times in 5 weeks. The LOB I was on had conscientious guides, we were in groups of 4. I have experienced stronger currents in the Maldives, but of course it could be better or worse or a mixture when you are there. Take your reef hook, talk to the guides and pay attention to the briefings…..unlike a woman on our trip who was late for every.single.briefing……:selfish, disrespectful and unsafe….Enjoy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom