CSSP Compass Bearings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Start at the Northwest corner of the 2nd platform (150ish heading from South dock). That's the corner with the buoy tied to it. I'm using ' for the degree symbol.

Gate 1: 80' 22/13 kicks (*)
Gate 2: 60' 15/8
Gate 3: 25' 25/14
Gate 4: 245' 20/12 (gate next to 3rd platform)
Gate 5: 290' 20/12
platform 205' 30/17

330' from the platform gets you to the sand patch just North of the South dock.

The platforms are lined up along 40' / 220' degrees.

(*) Kick Count is Flutter / Frog. YMMV on the kicks as they are only approximate.

Texass:
Start at the Northwest corner of the 2nd platform (150ish heading from South dock). That's the corner with the buoy tied to it. I'm using ' for the degree symbol.

Gate 1: 80' 22/13 kicks (*)
Gate 2: 60' 15/8
Gate 3: 25' 25/14
Gate 4: 245' 20/12 (gate next to 3rd platform)
Gate 5: 290' 20/12
platform 205' 30/17

330' from the platform gets you to the sand patch just North of the South dock.

The platforms are lined up along 40' / 220' degrees.

(*) Kick Count is Flutter / Frog. YMMV on the kicks as they are only approximate.

Excellent! I'll add this to my "chart" of headings. I've made a 5x8 sheet in Excel and built a text "roadmap". Is this a good way to do it, or would I be better off taking their image and overlaying course and headings?

Sorry for all the questions, I am new at all this. :)

On a great note, I found an antique Dacor collector who has a compass housing for my old console (older Enduro). So now I'll have my own compass!

Charley

Back
Top Bottom