CSSP - Air Price Increase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, see that's what i heard, it was $8.00 not $7.00.

20 to get in and now 8 to fill, just another reason for me to stay clear of clear springs

I'm curious why the price jump

I see they did update the website. The $8 also matches up with what I had heard from other sources. I only posted the $7 as that was what they put on the site so I figured they had changed their minds.

Air Fills: $5.00 ($8.00 after Oct 1, 2006)

Guess it is time to buy more tanks.

FIXXERVI6:
20 to get in and now 8 to fill, just another reason for me to stay clear of clear springs

I'm curious why the price jump

Electricty price increase. I do believe we need to support the local diving parks because if they do not make money then they will cease to exist. For some people that's not a problem, for a shop it's a necessity to have clean, warm and as clear water as you can get. Platforms are definitely an advantage, but not a necessity. Supporting local dive parks not only means entry fees, but purchasing air occassionally, buying a t-shirt, drinks or whatever and supporting different events. I used to be play darts in tournaments all over Texas. We would take up banquet halls, party rooms, etc. We would rent the facility but the hotels also counted on the players purchasing alcohol, food, etc. A lot of players would carry big sippy cups and carry their own liquor in. Well, the hotels started losing money on the events and decided not to allow them to be held at their establishments. There are no major money tournaments in this area anymore. The sport has cooled since the.

That is true Debra.... I agree about supporting your dive park but I also believe it is a 2 way street. I see a lot folks that say "Support" your LDS/Diving Park which is fine. But I dont see these parks supporting the divers in respect to cost and services. I just see prices going up and a lot of "Sorry, we have to pass on the cost you" sititations. In the end, its the individual divers who visits the parks that is the key to the LDS/Dive parks success.

Debraw:
Electricty price increase. I do believe we need to support the local diving parks because if they do not make money then they will cease to exist.

Oh please, electricity hasn't increased 60% and even if it did you know firsthand that cost of electricity is a small fraction of the total cost of running a compressor. Are you finding it necessary to charge $8/fill in your own shop?

I believe in "supporting" local dive sites and shops but not in being a foolish consumer. Why should I get my air fills for $8 if I can get them at a LDS (and thus "supporting" the LDS) for $5?

As I stated before, increasing prices doesn't always yield increasing revenues, in fact one of the most popular tactics retail stores use to increase cash flow is to run a special sale. Whether the added fees is enough to offset the lost customers is something that CSSP will find out soon enough.

I beleive in supporting LDS and Local holes but there is a point were I gotta step back and say ok this is getting out of hand.

There is nothing in CSSP that makes it worth paying 20 bucks to me, and 8 bucks for air is a laugh especially when they hand the tank back to you in 30 seconds so hot you can cook on it and they tell you, that will cool probably 600 psi by the time you get to the water, 5 bucks please, well now 8.

I see 10 to get in and 5 for air as reasonable, and due to being in the desert 15 to get in as doable, but 20's just too much in my opinion.

Granted, again, these are my opinions and a lot of people don't agree with me as that place is packed all the time, the other thing that gets me is what they charge for someone just to snorkel, over the top.

Just expression my opinion not knocking the park, its worlds better than athens.

ReefHound:
Oh please, electricity hasn't increased 60% and even if it did you know firsthand that cost of electricity is a small fraction of the total cost of running a compressor. Are you finding it necessary to charge $8/fill in your own shop?
<SNIPquote]

That was the reasoning. I think it's electricity/ filters( I can go through 2 to 3 a week) /oil ( that is expensive!) . I have not changed my air fill prices and I personally have not seen diveshops change their prices in 8 years of diving. It's always been $5.00. In my shop lots of customers get free fills because they bought tanks, gear, classes, trips, etc. Dive parks do not have access to alternate methods of profit. I do, and I can offset the cost of fills in other ways.

FIXXERVI6:
<SNIP>especially when they hand the tank back to you in 30 seconds so hot you can cook on it and they tell you, that will cool probably 600 psi by the time you get to the water, <SNIP>quote]

Well this is an extremely dangerous way to operate and I am shocked to hear this. I dive Nitrox so i have not gotten a fill out there in the last few months. The times I went to the fill station were slower times at the park so I have always gotten fills from Robert and they were nice and slow and done the correct way. I wonder if Robert knows this is happening? Hot filling will weaken and shorten the life of a scuba tank. The person doing the filling will be the one paying the consequences on the future of those tanks.

Back
Top Bottom