CSSP - Air Price Increase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TxHockeyGuy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I noticed that at least on their website the price has increased from $5 to $7. Anyone experience this yet?

Ahh the price of doing business......

Not $2! I'm never going back!

:D

Robert has to pay for those new private pavillions and private training platforms somehow.....LOL.

BIGG_BUDD:
Not $2! I'm never going back!

:D

Just want to state for the record that I'm not complaining. I expected it would go up after Athens went to $10 a tank. Now $10, I would complain about that.

I saw that on the CSSP website too, before I went there 2 weekends ago. They only charged me $5. $7 I can live with, but you're right... $10 is WAY too much!

TxHockeyGuy:
Just want to state for the record that I'm not complaining. I expected it would go up after Athens went to $10 a tank. Now $10, I would complain about that.
I hear you dude. I have to bite my tongue every time I go to Athens. He told me that they had to raise prices because electricity costs so much out there, he barely breaks even at $10. Whether that is true or not, I don't know. But $10 is like getting punched in the face.

Oh well....that is why I dive a single st130 or doubles!!

$7.00 huh... I bet if I were at the silos and suddenly ran out of air I'd gladly pay a lot more for it :D
Terrell is not the only lake in Texas so if people have an issue with the price they can vote with they're feet. I have never had anybody twist my arm at Terrell and make me purchase air.
" When in Rome..."

A nice little cool scuba compressor can be had for about 3.5K and up. Add opperating cost and a person might break even in only 550 dives ( give or take a dive or 2 :D )

Average one dive a week year round and that will take about 11 years to recover :11:

If you do 3 times that ( 150 dives a year) the compressor could make sense.
Otherwise you come out cheaper to just "Lease" your air from Robert :wink:
Lots of people never dive anywhere else so what the heck ....

Air... It's sort of like Beer but the Feds don't tax it yet....... :14:
Oh.... the nature of complicated worldly concrens :(

Living in Paris , Tx. does have it's advantages:14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom