Cryin' in my Corona

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeepScuba once bubbled...
So the $$$$ are in for Cozumel.

1 week, Fiesta Americana, All-Inclusive, Includes roundtrip flight from Toronto, all taxes etc etc....$861.00 USD each???

A good deal?

Yes. Better than I could do from Austin, probably.

Isn't that stupid???

I come from 1500miles further away, through Houston sometimes, I might add, and my price is cheaper???

Sounds like my friends in Texas are subsidizing my flight!!

It's time to call the Free Trade Police :)

DeepScuba once bubbled...
Isn't that stupid???

I come from 1500miles further away, through Houston sometimes, I might add, and my price is cheaper???

Sounds like my friends in Texas are subsidizing my flight!!

It's time to call the Free Trade Police :)
Actually, this is the free market system at work. Two years ago in May, AUS<=>CZM through HOU on Continental was $1150, while Toronto<=>CZM on the same HOU<=>CZM legs was $602. It makes no sense to me as a consumer, but I'll betcha anthing you want to put up that it made sense to Continental's bean counters.

And yes, we in Texas that cough up the expense to go to CZM on Continental are indeed subsidizing your flight, though it's not our choice to do so. Continental is free to distribute their charges in any way that they see fit. They are deregulated.

Actually I was referrin to the ongoing Free Trade debate between every country in existence. Like Taxada blaming other countries for cheap steel dumping, US Softwood tarifs on Taxada, etc etc.

Heheheh. This couldn't possibly make sense to anyone, except bean counters.

Uhmmm Taxada = Canada, for you Amerrricun's

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom