Cryin' in my Corona

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uh oh.

We'll (g/f and I) be there 21-29 Nov. So far we know:
1) Arrival and Departure to/from Coz
2) Hotel (Fiesta Americana -$700 for the week)
3) We're packing a bunch of dive gear, so we think we'll dive with someone

Is there more to it? :D

Mike

Read my intial post.

Questions:

Is that $700.00 USD for the All-Incl?

Does it include air?

Who are you diving with??

Do you care ??? ( I think not, which may be OK with you).

I personally hate spending $$ on crap food, accom's and diving, when I could have gotten better for a buck more.

So shoot me, I'm picky.

DeepScuba once bubbled...
Read my intial post.

Questions:

Is that $700.00 USD for the All-Incl?
Nope

Does it include air?
Nope

Who are you diving with??
My girlfriend

Do you care ??? ( I think not, which may be OK with you).
Not really

I personally hate spending $$ on crap food, accom's and diving, when I could have gotten better for a buck more.

Couldn't agree more. Which is why I made sure this was a decent hotel by Cozumel standards. As to the rest..well, its an adventure. Downside is..I gotta change hotels. This level of planning has gotten me through 5 dive trips in 4 countries so far this year, so it works for me. :mean:

So shoot me, I'm picky.

OK that may be for you, but I'd kill myself if I had to relocate every two days, and not know who you're diving with (I didn't mean your girlfriend, I meant which Op?).

Right after my "So shoot me, I'm picky" should have been, so shoot me, I'm lazy.

heheheh

I want to be given good food at the place I stay, and to be picked up and dropped off at my door!!!!

heheheh.

OK not quite that bad, but close.

Hey my wife and i were at the brisas in August--Here's what i recomend (what my wife and i will do next summer)--get ahold of Margret at Pappa Hogs--she offers packages on rooms diving and breakfast--the prices are the best I've seen--like 700 for room for the week breakfast every day (at hog town cafe..more on this later) 5 days of 2 tank dives --plus unlimited shore dives.--which people seemed to be always doing

The diving was great--small fast 6pax I think 6 was our largest group--and we went with only 3 to the c-53 wreck--dive paradise (the op at the brisas) has a pier 20 yards from pappa hogs, and it was funny to watch the heard pull out 12-20 divers everymorning. The staff was great--we dove with enrique aka poomba--evey day awsome guide.

The food at Hog Town Cafe was amazingly good--like I said we stayed at the brisas--and took the short ride to pappa hogs every morning, and had good coffee and good breakfast--eggs potatos and fresh fruit.--we also ate lunch there nearly every day--very good food, and priced right for Coz around $5 (they cater to their divers)---if you like pasta--you need to harass the staff to make their Pobalano Pasta

Then for dinner--I'd head into town and eat at Tony Romes-Casa Denis- and Espicias---we had a blast at Tony Rome's--id call it a can't miss of Coz--Tony is a New Jersian who has been living on the Island for 18 years---great food and even better entertainment--Tony Will sing ole' blue eyes--Mack the Knife--and just about anything else you can request-----If your wife likes entertainment/and good food--she'd love Tony Romes

Hope this helps---im not affiliated with any of the places I mentioned--my wife and I just had the best trip of our lives last summer--and have spent about everyday since trying to figure out how to move back, and make a living

Hope this helps---J. From KC

Thanks Ped, I guess I have to leave that for trip # 4, as I am now "officially" booked in. (At least, they have my money).

What we did, and for better or worse I'm content with it, as I figure it's a bit better than Brisas (Food specifically) was book in at Fiesta Americana.

I haven't e-mail her yet to confirm, but I have been in contact with Christi at Blue XT Sea Diving for a package deal including mainland Cenote stuff.

I just want to try and see wht no-cattle boat diving is like. Heaven know I bug the hell out of our guys when they constantly over-book our boat charters. I keep telling them that I'll pay for 3 extra spots if they'd just pi$$-off with the extra 9 people that they try to stuff on them!

She makes me happy with my descision. I have a feeling that she'll not disappoint.

Good lord boy, I thought that being from the north side of the lake you'd have more respect for beer... "Crying because I'm drinking Corona." - that would have been a better thread title!

Pacifico Clara
Dos Equis
Negra Modelo (I know, it's made by the same brewery that makes Corona...)
Bohemia

Shall I continue? I used to have so much respect for you :wink:

BTW, the rest of the springs came in today! Almost done!

-Frank =-)

Oh great, I just PM'd you about it, and then I read this :-(

Yeah I used to like Corona, now it gives me real headache.

I'm waiting for some unsuspecting diver buddies to come over so I can pawn it off on them :)

Tehehe

You never had any respect for me!! You're just too nice to say so.
:D

So the $$$$ are in for Cozumel.

1 week, Fiesta Americana, All-Inclusive, Includes roundtrip flight from Toronto, all taxes etc etc....$861.00 USD each???

A good deal?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom