Crusty Old Scuba Instructor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jason R

New
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I haven’t dove since 1979... my how things have changed. Saw Scuba Board and thought I’d say hi to all my old scuba friends. I started teaching in 1972 in Albuquerque, NM. Taught for Florida PADI College 1974-75, New England Divers, 75-77, Tokyo American Club, Tokyo Japan, summer of 78. I attained the certifications of Master Instructor, ITC Training Director before my forced retirement. I quit diving because of an ear problem that left me with a permanent small tear in my left ear drum. Anyway, during my years of teaching, I met some of the most outstanding people in my life. I retired from the National Park Service as a Chief of Interpretation in 2013. I would love to hear from some of those incredible people again. Greetings to all you scuba divers and stay wet behind the ears. Jason

Thanks for joining our lovely forum, ScubaBoard @Jason R.
Would love to get your historical perspective on things diving.

Welcome Jason, here is a suggestion [this what I did] ,I lurked on this site and read as much as I could [or could stand, some weird stuff], things have changed a lot , i.e. Can't dive unless you have things with a battery in it, kick like a frog, carry enough gas to go half way around the world,have a dive knife that looks like letter opener, some think re breathers are new [not all, but some] ,keep reading it will be fun.
I was a member on the site years ago and did not want to "jump in" and look lost in the new ways of diving .

Good to see some other old pharts on here with us!! :thumb:

Like me, an over 70 senior Flatulence.
Like other Gas Laws: Boyle's Law, Charle's Law, Gay-Lussac's Law, Avogadro's Law.
Age increases and Flatulence [you guess].:sad2:

Back
Top Bottom