Crusing in Sept.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jafo123

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I will be crusing Grand Caymen,Cozemel and Belize in Sept. I had heard that this is still part of hurricane season. Should I just go with the ship excuresions or being off season can I get some good deals with an dive opperator in the area. The people I'll be going with and I are all new to diving.

Jafo

...you ALWAYS get more bang for the buck by setting up your own dive outings. They are always less expensive than going with the ships outings. The only exception I have found to this was in St. Maartin, where the dive operation I chose was the same one the ship used. The cost was a wash.

If you go to the Rodales website (I think its scubadiving.com) you can do a search by location for dive operations and read about the different operators and what people thought of them. I use this a lot before going on a cruise. As far as I can remember, I have never been disappointed selecting dive operations this way.

As for hurricane season, make sure you buy the travel insurance so in case the cruise is cancled, you can get your money back...

Jafo123:
I will be crusing Grand Caymen,Cozemel and Belize in Sept. I had heard that this is still part of hurricane season. Should I just go with the ship excuresions or being off season can I get some good deals with an dive opperator in the area. The people I'll be going with and I are all new to diving.

Jafo

Your cruise is unlikely to be cancelled for a hurricane. If there is a storm during your cruise....they'll likely just divert to different ports.

Peace,
Cathie

In Cozumel we dive with Alison Dennis. ( http://scubawithalison.com/ )
She is prompt in returning emails and a great person to work with ... and to dive with!! If you talk to her ... tell her Kim from Denver says HI and we look forward to seeing her again in Ocotber!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom